EFL and Homeroom Preschool Teacher
- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Education, Preschool Education, Early Years Education, Pedagogy, Psychopedagogy
- Teaching Credential/License
For candidates who are natives of non-English speaking countries, we require C1 certification.
For this particular position, teachers who already have a work visa for Mexico will be given preference. The school will give all the letters and documents required for those who don't have a visa yet, but who are interested in the position and complete the hiring process.
- Insurance and monetary benefits
- 13th month pay in December ("aguinaldo")
- Private Medical insurance for you and your underage children
- Approx. 100USD in food vouchers monthly (Edenred https://www.edenred.mx "Vales de despensa")
- 9% savings account, matched by the school and paid in full during December (each fortnight 9% of your salary will be withheld and put into a savings account. This amount is matched by the school, so if $2 were deducted from your paycheck, $4 will be put into the account)
- Days off & Vacation
- All bank holidays
- SEP (Ministry of Education) specific holidays
- At least 3 weeks over the summer (depending on SEP calendar)
- At least 2 weeks over winter break (depending on SEP calendar)
- 2 weeks during spring break (corresponding with Holy Week and Easter Week)
- Law mandated vacation: 6 days for the first year, increasing by two days with each passing year up to 14 days; after which the 2-day increase will come at every 5 years.
- Other benefits
- Parking space at no cost
- Professional development opportunities
We are looking for an amazing EFL teacher to join our team teaching preschool students (ages 2-6). You would be joining a highly dynamic and energetic team that seeks to bring out the best in each student. Our classes range from 10 to 20 students, and you would be working with two classes at the most, on the same grade level. Preschool classrooms are all co-ed.
Our English teachers are expected to plan their lessons covering the main areas of the language (reading, writing, speaking, and conventions) and grading. We are currently using the Richmond "Dino and me" materials, which facilitate planning and resource creation.
Working hours are 7:30-2:30. A typical day starts with motor lobby duty from 7:30 to 8:00.
Class periods are 30 minutes long, and two consecutive set periods are dedicated for lunch and recess. On most days your students will have at least one "special class" period (lego, religion, music, sports, art, motor skills), during which you will be able to take a break, provided that your assigned classroom nanny stays with the kids during that time. You are responsible for getting your students to and from these special classes (except religion which is taught in your classroom, and the teacher will come to you); you are expected to stay with your class during these activities, except for the period in which you choose to have your lunch break.
Other duties you would be expected to cover are lunch/recess, and dismissal which are covered by all teachers daily and takes about 20 minutes, after which you can go home even if it is before your "official" work time is over.
Our model is based on active-learning environments, so any ideas you have that make our students work in a cooperative, active, and reflective way are welcome! We favor differentiation and gamification, and we are sure that your ideas will benefit the community!
Being Catholic is not a requirement for the position, but you would be required to support the activities carried out by the school and attend functions such as the Christmas Play and occasionally Mass, for the K3 students.
Payment is on the 15th and last day of the month.
We are a Catholic, bilingual school that seeks to train Christian leaders with the tools to unleash their full potential, capable of facing the challenges they will have in life and contributing to the good of their family and society.
We celebrate the talents of each student, which make them who they are, as well as the rhythms in which they learn, develop, and excel. We believe that the student is the protagonist of their learning and the entire educational community, together with their family, accompanies and guides them to reach their best version.
We are part of the Semper Altius Network, an international network of Catholic bilingual schools that implement the educational model of the Regnum Christi movement in 19 countries in America, Europe, and Asia. We have 65 years of experience and more than 70,000 graduates.
We are accredited by COGNIA®, the largest educational accreditation institution worldwide. This recognition validates compliance with standards for school leadership, learning, and resource management related to the proper functioning of the institution, the creation of effective learning environments, and the achievement of educational results.
Having this accreditation allows us, in addition to complying with international standards, to issue school reports and certificates valid in other countries, and it is, to a large extent, what endorses us as a true International School.
Mexico, a traveler's paradise, offers opportunities to teach English abroad, as well as licensed teaching jobs in the country's many international schools. Enjoy Mexico's magnificent landscape while teaching abroad in language institutes or private schools.