Elementary School Classroom Teacher
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Previous experience in an international setting, preferably with Arabic cultures;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of audiences;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, students, parents, and community members; and
- Ability to work with students of various academic and cultural backgrounds.
- Additional qualities highlighted by our community - good listener, fun, collaborative, respectful, responsible, creative, and with a strong personality.
- Excellent career and leadership prospects.
- Tax-free salary paid on a scale linked to teaching experience up to 13,000 AED per month.
- End-of-service gratuity paid by the law.
- Housing allowance paid to an employee for self.
- Joining and departing economy class flights to/from Dubai to the home of record for self.
- Annual flight allowance paid in cash [Economy class] for self, taken once during annual leave.
- UAE-medical insurance for self.
- 2,000 AED settling-in allowance.
- 2-year renewable contract with an option for renewal.
- Visa processing costs (excluding document certification) for self.
- Middle leader positions (with additional allowances) are available for suitable candidates wishing to take on greater roles within the school community.
Teach in Dubai! Elementary School (KG1 to Grade 5) Class Teachers required for January 2023.
Ignite School recruits motivated, dynamic, qualified, and experienced international faculty who are best able to engage our students in creative and innovative learning. The staff of Ignite School is supported by a peer-led professional learning community shaped by reflective practice and collaboration.
Ignite School shapes creative and innovative “21st-century citizens of the world” through a sustainability-focused, student-centered learning environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to instill exemplary character and life-long learning skills in our students through inclusive school life programs and extracurricular activities that empower and challenge the realization of potential in each of our learners. Every Ignite School student feels welcome, accepted, safe, valued, and happy. Host-country national students feel they have the potential to make a valuable social, cultural and economic contribution to the well-being of their local community and their country.
The American curriculum is rigorous, relevant, and service-oriented with a curriculum design that adheres to international practices. Our inquiry-based learning model provides a platform for the development of creative processes that weave together sustainable development, science, mathematics, [coding and design] technology, analysis, logic, debate, and innovation. Our holistic approach to learning encourages the physical, social, intellectual, and emotional development of our students through real-world experiences as well as inside our high-quality learning facilities. With the aid of learning technology, students develop 21st-century citizenship skills of critical thinking, complex problem-solving, collaboration, cognitive flexibility, emotional intelligence, and creativity.
Interviews are conducted through Google Meet or Microsoft Teams.
Ignite School offers a KG1 to Grade 12, American education experience leading to a High School Diploma for Emirati and expatriate students. The Ignite School curriculum aligns to the New York State Learning Standards, which includes the New York State P-12 Common Core Learning Standards (moving to NYS Next Generation Standards) as well as KHDA guidelines.
Ignite School commenced classes in September 2018 and now has more than 1400 students enrolled for KG1 to Grade 9. We anticipate opening Grades 10 and 11 in 2024/25 followed by Grade 12 in 2025/26 with a capacity for 2,000 Emirati and expatriate students. High School will offer Advanced Placement tracks. We have just achieved NEASC candidacy status and expect full accreditation in 2023/24.
When you join the Ignite School Community in Dubai and you will have the unique opportunity to shape school culture, develop and promote best teaching practices and experience living in the UAE.
Our vision is for all young people to experience that learning has lasting value beyond their life at school.
Our mission is to know the need of every student, collaboratively creating a student-centered, sustainable 21st-century learning environment that fosters leadership, social cohesion, creativity, responsibility, and ambition providing a catalyst for abilities of lasting relevance to emerging.
Learning at Ignite is a student-centered and engaging process of acquiring new knowledge and skills. This empowers our students to be responsible and respectful global citizens, preserving Emirati and global cultural values. Ignite students will be our future leaders and life-long learners who will be resilient, creative, inquisitive, and collaborative forces within their communities.
The “Core Values” that best express what we strive to impart to our students are Collaborative, Respectful, Responsible, Creative, and Leadership.
Come join our team!