Elementary School Principal
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Advanced degree in Education Leadership or related field;
- Certification or licensure in school administration from the USA;
- Prior leadership experience in a high school;
- Prior teaching experience in high schools;
- Previous experience in an international setting, preferably with Arabic cultures;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of audiences;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, students, parents, alumni, and community members;
- Ability to work with students of various academic and cultural backgrounds.
- Additional qualities highlighted by our community - good listener, fun, collaborative, respectful, responsible, creative, and with a strong personality.
- Excellent leadership prospects.
- Tax-free salary paid on a scale.
- End-of-service gratuity paid by law.
- Housing allowance paid to an employee for self.
- Joining and departing economy class flights to/from Dubai to the home of record for self.
- Annual flight allowance paid in cash [Economy class] for self, taken once during annual leave.
- UAE-medical insurance for self.
- 2,000 AED settling-in allowance.
- 2-year renewable contract with an option for renewal.
- Visa processing costs (excluding document certification) for self.
Required for 1st August 2023 start date.
The Elementary School Principal provides leadership in all educational and community matters in grades KG1-5. The principal ensures that all programs and practices are guided by and support the school’s vision, mission, and core values as well as the division's priorities. Working in partnership with the Leadership Team, middle leaders, teachers, staff, parents, and students they establish an environment in which all students have access to exceptional and diverse academic courses and learning opportunities as well as care for their social-emotional needs. Achievement of School KPIs is a key component of leadership accountability. The Elementary School Principal will spend at least 75% of their time should be focused on improving outcomes for students and should therefore be visible in all areas of the school particularly in classrooms as well as to parents at arrival and dispersal times.
The Elementary School Principal is responsible to the Director for the development, implementation, and oversight of the curriculum, teaching, learning, assessment, and management of the Elementary School program, which will include approximately 1,000 students.
The Elementary School Principal will oversee all aspects of the division’s instructional program and promote a culture of excellence among faculty and students. The major responsibilities and duties include:
- Achievement of School KPIs.
- Lead school improvement efforts (DSIB and NEASC).
- Lead the instructional program.
- Organizational leadership and professional development.
- Employee management.
- Student leadership.
- School and community relations.
- Overseeing the divisional budget and other administrative functions.
- The Elementary School Principal must also be willing to perform other duties as assigned, i.e. serve on committees, assist with accreditation, special projects, etc.
Ignite School offers a KG1 to Grade 12, American education experience leading to a High School Diploma for Emirati and expatriate students. The Ignite School curriculum aligns to the New York State Learning Standards, which includes the New York State P-12 Common Core Learning Standards (moving to NYS Next Generation Standards) as well as KHDA guidelines.
Ignite School commenced classes in September 2018 and now has more than 1400 students enrolled for KG1 to Grade 9. We anticipate opening Grades 10 and 11 in 2024/25 followed by Grade 12 in 2025/26 with a capacity for 2,000 Emirati and expatriate students. High School will offer Advanced Placement tracks. We have just achieved NEASC candidacy status and expect full accreditation in 2023/24.
When you join the Ignite School Community in Dubai and you will have the unique opportunity to shape school culture, develop and promote best teaching practices and experience living in the UAE.
Our vision is for all young people to experience that learning has lasting value beyond their life at school.
Our mission is to know the need of every student, collaboratively creating a student-centered, sustainable 21st-century learning environment that fosters leadership, social cohesion, creativity, responsibility, and ambition providing a catalyst for abilities of lasting relevance to emerging.
Learning at Ignite is a student-centered and engaging process of acquiring new knowledge and skills. This empowers our students to be responsible and respectful global citizens, preserving Emirati and global cultural values. Ignite students will be our future leaders and life-long learners who will be resilient, creative, inquisitive, and collaborative forces within their communities.
The “Core Values” that best express what we strive to impart to our students are Collaborative, Respectful, Responsible, Creative, and Leadership.
Come join our team!