Elementary School Teacher
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Education preferred
Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate
- Must be able to obtain a background check
- Must be able to satisfy China working visa requirements
- Teaching certification or license a plus
- Experience working internationally a plus
- Salary: Monthly, competitive salary based on your credentials and experience
- Accommodation: Free housing
- Accommodation Details: Western-style apartment within walking distance to your school
- Airfare Reimbursement: Airfare to China and return flight covered by School
- Airport Pickup: Yes
- Support Staff: Fully bilingual support staff available to help process your visa, settle you into your apartment, translate legal documents, and much more. We provide western comforts and support to make the transition easier for you
- Health Insurance Provided: Yes
- Additional Benefits: Paid Vacation
- Professional Development: Ongoing professional development provided, including annual teacher in-service, and frequent professional development opportunities. Teachers enjoy career advancement opportunities
- Bonus: Teacher referral bonus offered to all KLIS teachers
- Holidays: Local national holidays and some US holidays
KLISCB is committed to creating, sustaining, and growing visionary educational programming that meets the goals of globally-minded PreK-adult learners, the faculty and administration who serve them, and the organizations and corporations who go on to employ them, worldwide. KL International School of Chongqing Bashu was established in 2015. It is a non-profit school serving students in grades PreK-12. Open to students of expatriate families living and working in southwestern China, KLISCB offers an American-style curriculum taught by an accomplished American and international faculty.
Elementary School teacher is a challenging and rewarding position. Academics of the program are administered by the Dean of Academics, who works directly with the Principal at KLIS to ensure the quality of education. Our teachers are provided a US curriculum as a guide and framework for the academic year, and design daily lesson plans and manage the classroom as they would in a typical US classroom. Students take their coursework in English and classes are led by international teachers.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials, and provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth, record appropriate records and prepare progress reports
- Instructs students individually and in groups during the instructional time, using various teaching methods such as but not limited to lectures, discussions, demonstrations, presentations, class projects, use of media, technology, current research in instruction, tutorials and other tools that provides for student engagement in the learning process and enables students to achieve learning objectives
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests, including students with limited English proficiency
- Experience developing students' linguistic and cognitive abilities through the explicit integration of reading, writing, speaking, and listening into instruction across all content areas and activities
- Skill in monitoring/assessing performance of students and of yourself to make improvements or take corrective action
- Assist and coordinate activities and events inside and outside of school
- Organizing and assisting club activities and other student activities
KL International School is a private ,co-educational,not-for-profit international school whose mission is to prepare creative,collaborative,and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens,self-sustanining learners and ethical leaders.
The KL International School was founded in 2015 as the second licensed PreK – Year 13 international school for expatriates in Chongqing, China. KLIS is the only private, co-educational, not-for-profit international school in Chongqing and our mission is to prepare creative, collaborative and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens, self-sustaining learners and ethical leaders. KLIS believes in being a “Responsive School for a Changing World”.
Our values are:
Responsiveness: We are responsive to each student’s individual needs, embrace and listen to the voices of our diverse community, and prepare our school community for the changing world.
Community: We treat our community as family. We cherish, respect and welcome the diverse culture, individual backgrounds, stories and beliefs that each family contributes to our school.
Students First: We place students at the core of our school. We believe in the student and take great care to listen to, understand and love each child.
Creativity and Curiosity: We embrace curious minds and challenge our students to use their imagination in learning.