Elementary STEAM Teacher - Shenzhen
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Engineering, Technology, Education
- Ability to successfully pass a background clearance
- In addition to a Bachelor’s degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement
- In some cases, a Bachelor’s degree and documentation of passage of a state authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the highly qualified requirement
- Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required
- Subject matter postgraduate work (Master’s or Ph.D.) is preferred
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence
- Must be open to new ideas in teaching
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen is seeking qualified candidates for Elementary STEAM Teacher for the 2021-22 school year!
BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen is a part of the BASIS International Schools network of schools in China.
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
BASIS International Elementary STEAM Teachers are able to focus their teaching on a specific subject rather than preparing lessons for several subjects every day. As an STEAM Teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans and to teach creative thinking and problem-solving.
Elementary STEAM teachers stimulate and encourage students’ natural curiosity while teaching foundational engineering and design concepts. You will also help students to make the connections between different subjects and learn how to apply the concepts they have learned to different situations. Teachers have the freedom to present and teach the concepts in their own way, and are encouraged to bring a creative and fresh approach to the classroom. Students beginning in Kindergarten learn about simple and complex machines, design constraints, design modification, and ultimately, how engineering helps to solve problems, while also learning how to apply knowledge to solve problems. A teacher’s passion can spark a lifetime of interest and learning, and we encourage our teachers to allow their enthusiasm for their subject to inspire their students.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in STEAM for elementary-aged students.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
Our seven BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. Future locations planned include Beijing, Chengdu, and Shanghai, China.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.