- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Elementary Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Fluent English speaker
- Valid Teaching Certificate
- High Energy and Professional Attitude
- Good Comunication skills
- Positive Attitude, Mature Outlook, Responsible, Dependable, Integrity, Teamwork
- Medical Insurance provided
- Generous paid holiday: 18 days annual leave + 6 days sick leave + 2 weeks school break + 20 days public holiday
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- Airport pickup provided
- Accommodation included in the monthly salary
- Round trip airfare reimbursed at the completion of contract
- Demonstrate an understanding of and love for young children and enthusiasm for developing a happy, creative atmosphere for the children
- Plan, develop, conduct and monitor courses for presentation to students according to approved curriculum keeping in view the individual learning needs of the children
- Lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development and their school readiness
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Teach students using lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips
- Assign and correct homework
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss progress results with students, parents and school Management team. Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities
- Establishing and maintaining a warm supportive relationship with the families of the children
- Develop course materials and curriculum content
- Keeping accurate and current, the records as required by the School
- Attending weekly meetings and professional development and Parent-Teacher meetings as requested
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
- Being responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, stimulating environment for children in the assigned classroom and for the School
- Establish and maintain a warm supportive relationship with families of the children
- Perform other tasks requested
7:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Mon – Fri, includes ample prep time
Learning Jungle International School is a proud provider of quality education and care for children and families in the communities it serves. Guided by our centre policies and procedures that are rigorously implemented, our centres provide the highest Canadian standards of quality education and a learning environment that continually exceed the most stringent requirements of local legislation.
All Learning Jungle Schools are licensed and monitored by the local authority responsible for enforcing legislation for schools and learning centres. This ensures that our centres comply with very specific rules and regulations from the local Public Health, Fire Department, Department of Education and Children's Services.
The teachers at Learning Jungle School meet and often exceed the necessary qualifications required; with each room having a qualified E.C.E. (Early Childhood Educator) or teacher with a Bachelor of Education. We actively support and encourage professional growth for all our staff.
In addition to our high standards reflected in our teachers, centre environment, programming and services, we are distinct from other elementary schools and early learning centres through our commitment to delivering a differentiated parent involvement experience supported by our technology. In a Learning Jungle School, parents are always "In touch, Never away and Always connected", providing the constant assurance and confidence that their child is being taken good care of.
Teachers can find English teaching jobs in Cambodia in language schools or public school classrooms. Having a teaching certificate or TEFL certification can increase teachers’ salaries dramatically, so prospective English teachers are recommended to complete a TEFL course before applying for jobs to teach in Cambodia.