English Language and Literature Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Education, English Literature, History
Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- Candidates with valid teaching credentials issues by any states in the U.S. are preferred. If you previously only taught at private/ independent institutes thus do not process teaching credentials issued by your state, you will need to provide valid proof of your past teaching experience
- You are also welcome to apply for this position if you do not possess two years of teaching experience but have a degree in education
- Due to restrictions on Chinese work visa applications, and restrictions on purchasing commercial insurance for our foreign employees, we prefer our candidates to be under 45 years old
- Native English Speaker
- 2 or more years’ English teaching experience
- Licensed Teachers are preferred
- 10 days of paid leave per year
- 11 days of Chinese public holidays, plus 3 days of American public holiday per year - all paid
- 10,000 Chinese Yuan airfare allowance upon Compeleting the one-year contract
- 3,000 Yuan Housing Allowance per month
Eyas International Academy (E.I.A.) is a newly established, state-of-the-art international school/training center. E.I.A. provides an American-based curriculum in English, Math, Science, and Social Studies for Chinese students in Grade 5 to 8. E.I.A. currently offers a day school (Monday – Friday) and weekend programs to its students.
Eyas International Academy currently works with a Blue Ribbon high school in California to develop and polish its curriculum, to train its teachers, and to provide its students with a more diverse learning experience. We currently hire exclusively American teachers with at least 2 years of teaching experience in American high schools, specifically in English, math, social studies, and science, to work with our students. As more than 90% of our students expect to enter American high schools after finishing their program at E.I.A., it is our responsibility to prepare them for their future study and living in the U.S., and minimize their gaps with their future American counterparts in language proficiency, cross-cultural competence, as well as their academic performance across all critical subjects.
Owned by Eyas Education Group, one of the biggest education groups in central China, the establishment of E.I.A. marks the birth of the company's fifth subsidiary, following Rise Immersion Subject English, MyGym Children's Fitness Center, YMM Art Space, and EyasKids Learning Academy. Eyas Education Group currently operates its business in Wuhan, Beijing, Changsha and Nanchang, owns and operates over 70 learning centers/schools, with more than registered 40,000 students. The school is located in the trendy, urban Wuhan TianDi Plaza, which offers numerous restaurants, bars, movie theaters, and shops. The school is also in close proximity to the metro station, Yangtze River, and several large parks.
- Job Position: English and Literature Teacher (Full Time)
- Students Age: 10-16 years old
- Working hours: 40 Hour Per Week (Includes 20 Teaching Hours) From Wednesday to Sunday
- Provide English language teaching and develop lesson plans and instructional materials
- Evaluate students’ personal growth, maintain appropriate records, and prepare student progress reports
- Participate in training and curriculum development sessions
- Have his/her classes observed by an academic manager and peer teachers
- Cooperate with peer teachers and administrators
- Provide Demo classes for incoming students
- Assist and coordinate school activities and events
Eyas Education Group endeavors to cultivate the global awareness and competitiveness of Chinese students from 2 to 18 years old through bilingual and cross-cultural education for all-around development. Established in 2008, Eyas has expanded from English language training courses in early childhood, art and subject immersion English education to full-time education in an American kindergarten and an international academy. So far, Eyas has about 70 campuses/learning centers with approximately 40,000 registered students in China.
Eyes Education Group currently owns/operates five subsidiaries. The group owns 35 Rise Immersion Subject English schools in Wuhan, Changsha, and Nanchang,14 MyGym Children's Fitness Centers in Wuhan, and 19 YMM Art Space centers in Wuhan, Beijing, Changsha, and Nanchang.
The establishment EyasKids Learning Academy in 2017, a full-time kindergarten/ preschool under Eyas Education Group's umbrella, marks the beginning of the company's ambition and vision to become a key player in China's early childhood education industry. EyasKids Learning Academy in 2018 became the first early childhood education organization in China that established a partnership with the CDA Council of the United States, to train and certify its teachers under the guidelines of NAEYC. EyasKids Learning Academy in November 2018 received a Corporate Social Responsibility Award from Global CSR Foundation at UN's headquarters in New York.
Eyas International Academy opened its door to the public in January 2019, and became the first high school education institute in central China that provide its students with authentic American junior high school curriculum and learning experience. Eyas International Academy has partnered up multiple Blue Ribbon schools in the U.S. to develop and polish its curriculum, train its teachers, and assess its students. Eyas International Academy is also by far the only school of its kind that hires exclusively certified and experienced American teachers to work with the students.
It is Eyas Education Group's vision to one day establish a great and valuable academy prestigious beyond centuries.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.