- Elementary, Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- Fluency in English (CEF level C2)
- Experience working with and a love of young children, middle schoolers and/or high school students
- Hard-working, outgoing, innovative and creative
- Able to form good relationships with students, colleagues and parents
- Able to work as part of a team but are also independent, self-starting and highly motivated
- Highly adaptable and solution-focused
- Ready to navigate differences in culture flexibly and with an open mind
Ideally, you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in teaching
- A government-issued teaching certificate
- Certification in TEFL
- Extensive experience in the classroom, ideally with one or more of the age groups we teach
- Consideration will be given if you have other appropriate qualifications.
- A competitive salary
- Housing allowance provided on a monthly basis
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- The chance to work with a sizeable staff of fellow English speakers
- Year-round training opportunities and opportunities for advancement
Would you like to become part of our highly dedicated team of professionals working in one of our partner institutions in and around Budapest?
We are a private, non-profit bilingual education program. We implement our innovative and progressive program as part of a public-private partnership at a range of Hungarian state and private schools.
Be part of our growing and unique organization!
What is the Bilingual.hu Program?
We are a private, non-profit, tuition-based educational enterprise operating in Hungarian state educational institutions. As such, we are a public-private partnership that has been providing unique educational opportunities to hundreds of Hungarian families since 2001.
What does Bilingual.hu teach?
We operate our nationally accredited program in three primary schools and two kindergartens in Budapest and its environs. Our primary school program encompasses 1stthrough 8thgrade and involves nearly every subject in the curriculum, making it possible for teachers of diverse backgrounds to draw on their training and experience and deliver quality teaching tostudents aged 7 to 14. In our kindergarten program, children aged 3 to 7 are immersed in a bilingual environment using the 'one person, one language model'. Within this context, we provide high-quality early childhood education in English through play and everyday situations as well as set activities, resulting in successful language acquisition from a very young age.
What does Bilingual.hu offer that makes our program different?
(1) We provide professional development training opportunities at multiple points throughout each school year, starting with in-depth orientation and training in August prior to starting the school year. We work with top teacher trainers, both from within Hungary and internationally.
(2) We offer an innovative approach to teaching, including the interactive and communicative approach favored in EFL environments as well as Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) in our subject lessons at all grade levels and in the kindergarten. As such, we co-teach: teachers hold lessons jointly and alternate in the leading role, switching languages throughout the course of the lesson. Students thus study simultaneously in both English and Hungarian. We are also innovating in terms of technology in teaching, integrating various online learning platforms into our program and rolling out the use of tablets in our primary school classrooms.
(3) Our program also offers the chance to work alongside highly experienced Hungarian teaching professionals, whose knowledge and expertise are part of our program’s offerings to our staff members. We work very closely with our co-teachers, so we can learn a tremendous amount from them as we go along.
(4) For all these reasons we believe Bilingual.hu offers unrivaled opportunities for development. We hope – and believe – that working in our program will allow for both rapid and broad professional development as well as the personal growth that comes out of taking on a challenge and becoming part of a tightly-knit teaching team and a truly unique learning environment.
ESL and certified teachers looking for teaching jobs in Hungary can find positions in the primary and secondary public school system, as well as private language schools, international schools and colleges and universities throughout the country. There are also opportunities to teach business English and to find private tutoring jobs teaching English in Hungary. Since joining the European Union in 2004, Hungary’s economy has grown in leaps and bounds. With a large number of Hungarians looking to work abroad in English-speaking EU countries, the need for ESL teachers in Hungary has never been higher.