- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Education, English preferred
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Fluent English speaker
- University Bachelor degree in Education preferred
- Clean national level criminal records check (CRC)
- 1+ years teaching experience preferred
- Salary: 2.4-2.6 million Korean Won per month
- One-way airfare to Korea
- Partially furnished apartment provided or housing allowance for residency of your choice
- National Health Care
- National Pension Plan
- Bonus: 1 month severance bonus upon completion of one year contract
- Vacation: 2 weeks paid vacation during scheduled school closings
- Holidays: Paid Korean national holidays
- 3 paid sick days
- Ongoing training and professional development support
- School-sponsored work visa
At Maple Bear Pyeongchon, we believe that nothing is more important than the education of our children. Our goal is to provide a high-quality preschool and elementary education based on the Canadian philosophy and best practices. We provide a student-focused learning system in a safe, secure and stimulating environment that prepares students for success at the post-secondary level, and that instills a passion for life-long learning. We are seeking teachers who have a passion for teaching, and bring a love of learning into the classroom. We are seeking teachers who have a growth mindset, value teamwork, and desire to grow professionally.
- Lesson planning using the Maple Bear curriculum
- Evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improving student outcomes
- Collaborating with colleagues
- Participating in school events with students and parents
- Attending all relevant professional development
Maple Bear Pyeongchon
Our Mission and Vision: At Maple Bear Global Schools we believe that nothing is more important than the education of our children.
The Maple Bear mission is to deliver a student-focused learning system in a safe, secure and stimulating environment that prepares students for success at the post-secondary level and that instills a passion for life-long learning.
The Maple Bear vision is to provide a high quality pre-school, elementary and high school education based on the Canadian philosophy and best practices that meet the expectations of global parents and is in conformity with local education regulations.
Maple Bear schools offer full Canadian programs utilizing Canadian methodology and curriculum developed by our own experts from the ground up for pre-school, elementary, and high school.
Maple Bear Training and Curriculum Development:
How does Maple Bear develop its curriculum? And how does it deliver its training? What does that mean for our teachers? These and other interesting aspects of our training and curriculum development is explained by Maple Bear Global Schools Ltd. Vice-President Gerald Macleod.
About Anyang (ìì)
Anyang is the 15th largest city in South Korea, located in Gyeonggi-do and is about 15km south of Seoul. It is home to about 630,000 people with a fairly large amount of westerners in the area. This is due to the wealthy districts being home to many hagwons (private language academies).
Like most of South Korea, Anyang offers vast options for convenient travel. Transportation options include easy access to buses, subway, fast trains via KTX, and highways reaching to Seoul and other parts of the country. The Seoul Subway Line 1 and Line 4 connect Anyang to Seoul. Depending on where you want to go in Seoul, the travel time can be anywhere from 30-60 minutes of travel.
Anyang provides easy access to Korean and foreign clothing brands and stores, banks, restaurants, markets, entertainment, English speaking hospitals, hostels, and Korea’s well known themed motels to meet your living needs.
The cost of living is lower compared to larger cities, so people can comfortably live on about 700,000-1,000,000 won a month. Anyang is an ideal city to work in if you want to save money without having to live on an overly tight budget.
Anyang has a typical Korean climate of the four seasons. Ranging from a mild Spring and Fall to hot Summers and cold Winters.