- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Must have a native--like level of English or have an IELTS of 8 or above
- Previous experience in an American/IB school preferred
- Must hold a Bachelor and/or Master’s degree in English
- Medical Insurance
- Free tuition for up to 2 children
- Professional development will be fully/partially funded
Following a hugely successful launch in 2021, American Gulf School will be expanding with more classes offering the same excellent standard of education that our parents have come to expect. American Gulf School is seeking to appoint highly inspirational, motivated, and dynamic English Teachers for our Middle Years Program from Grade 6 to Grade 9.
The ideal candidates will have the following:
- Proven excellent track record of excellent classroom teaching and pedagogical practices
- Ability to integrate technology into teaching
- Strong ability to effectively engage with children, parents, and staff
- A Creative and innovative thinker
- Hard-working, dedicated and committed to the school to ensure Academic Excellence
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks.
At American Gulf School, we believe that a broader curriculum broadens not only minds but opportunities too. Our learners are encouraged to question and experiment to find answers to critical thinking questions giving every child confidence within their own ability to achieve their full potential.
American Gulf School is situated in the up and coming expanding area of Rahmaniya. We deliver a uniquely broad and diverse curriculum which brings out the best in our learners, both academically and personally. Our School runs the IB Programme framework using the American Curriculum for its content. AGS prides itself in the incorporation of a strong National Curriculum into all aspect of school life.
Our school's motto. "Aspire, Grow, Succeed" captures our learners' journey through academia. In the early years we nurture aspirations and help them grow by giving them choices and prepare them for rigorous course work that will enable them to succeed in our ever-changing world. We believe that learners should develop life skills in conjunction with their academic skills in order to achieve their goals and full potential.
American Gulf School can accommodate children from PreK-3 (3 years old) to Grade 12 (18 years old), meaning a high standard of teaching remains consistent throughout the educational life of each of our learners. Each child is unique and we are able to tailor individual lessons to suit their strengths and needs from start to finish.
We offer outstanding academic facilities including a state of the art STEAM/ Robotics Lab for both PYP and MYP classes, a Media Studio, and a KG Design Thinking Lab to mention a few.