ESL Teacher - Maple Bear Canadian Schools - South Korea
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher
- 1 year of teaching experience
- ECE or Elementary
- Teaching Credential/License
- Must have a passion for teaching, value teamwork, high energy, kind presence, and can bring fun into the classroom
- Must be a native English speaker with a passport from either the USA or Canada
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in Education
- Experience teaching young children preferred
- Native English speaker
- Clean National level criminal records check (CRC)
- Salary: 2.3-2.5 million Korean Won per month
- One-way airfare to Korea
- Partially furnished apartment provided or housing allowance for residency of your choice
- National Health Care
- National Pension Plan
- Bonus: 1 month severance bonus upon completion of one year contract
- Vacation: 2 weeks paid vacation during scheduled school closings
- Holidays: Paid Korean national holidays
- 3 paid sick days
- Ongoing training and academic support
- School sponsored working visa
Maple Bear Canadian Schools, Pyeongchon, Anyang, South Korea
Maple Bear is an immersion school that teaches students through hands on, play based learning. At Maple Bear Global Schools we believe that nothing is more important than the education of our children. The Maple Bear mission is to deliver a student-focused learning system in a safe, secure and stimulating environment that prepares students for success at the post-secondary level and that instills a passion for life-long learning.
The Maple Bear vision is to provide a high quality pre-school and elementary education based on the Canadian philosophy and best practises that meet the expectations of global parents and is in conformity with local education regulations.
Maple Bear schools offer full Canadian programs utilizing Canadian methodology and curriculum developed by our own experts from the ground up for pre-school and elementary.
Maple Bear Pyeongchon was founded in 2007 and currently employs 20 North American teachers and 16 Korean Teachers.
Start Date: Mid-August (First official working date is September 1, 2018)
Teaching Hours/Week: 30 hours in-class teaching + 10 hours prep
Class Size: 15 maximum for kindergarten and 12 maximum for elementary
- Planning and following through with Maple Bear curriculum
- Evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvement
- Participating in events with students and parents
Anyang is the 15th largest city in South Korea, located in Gyeonggi-do and is about 15km south of Seoul. It is home to about 630,000 people with a fairly large amount of westerners in the area. This is due to the wealthy districts being home to many hagwons (private language academies).
Like most of South Korea, Anyang offers vast options for convenient travel. Transportation options include easy access to buses, subway, fast trains via KTX, and highways reaching to Seoul and other parts of the country. The Seoul Subway Line 1 and Line 4 connect Anyang to Seoul. Depending on where you want to go in Seoul, the travel time can be anywhere from 30-60 minutes of travel.
Anyang provides easy access to Korean and foreign clothing brands and stores, banks, restaurants, markets, entertainment, English speaking hospitals, hostels, and Korea’s well known themed motels to meet your living needs.
The cost of living is lower compared to larger cities, so people can comfortably live on about 700,000-1,000,000 won a month. Anyang is an ideal city to work in if you want to save money without having to live on an overly tight budget.
Anyang has a typical Korean climate of the four seasons. Ranging from a mild Spring and Fall to hot Summers and cold Winters.
Anyang is a safe and convenient city for foreigners to live and work in.