Grade 10 - 11 Assistant Principal
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 10 years of teaching experience
- Other Certification
Detailed job specification
Job title: Assistant Principal for Years 10 and 11
Reporting line: Secondary School Principal
Start date: January 2023 (or thereafter)
Contract Type: Full-time; 40 hours - permanent contract
Reporting to the Secondary School Principal, the successful candidate will oversee the organization of our Years 10 and 11 programs, working with Heads of Years and Heads of Departments to ensure a holistic approach to Teaching and Learning.
- Oversee the implementation of strategic plans as outlined by the School Principal
- Ensure that the Year 10 and 11 programs are meeting the expectations of the Ecolint Learning Principles and IB Diploma entrance requirements
- Create an engaging and motivating programme that educates our students to be global citizens with the courage and capacity to create a just and joyful tomorrow together
- Oversee initial teacher training placements in the secondary school in collaboration with the ITE (Initial Teacher Education) team
- Masters in relevant field and ideally an additional qualification in education
- A good understanding of the IGCSE program and comprehensive knowledge of the IB’s Middle Years and Diploma programs
- Having an understanding of the Swiss Maturité program would be an asset
- More than 10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience leading a large team
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Bilingual English and French (or at least a good command of French)
- General understanding of strategic planning to organize a team
- A positive, can-do attitude, with a demonstrated ability to lead and implement change
- Excellent ICT skills
- Have a proven track record of implementing change that improves the student experience
- A clear fit with Ecolint’s values of respect, tolerance, inclusion, and bilingualism.
Please note that only applications via our website will be considered
Candidates are requested to apply online, attaching their CVs and a cover letter. The application must be addressed to Mrs Soraya Sayed Hassen, Secondary School Principal, Ecole Internationale de Genève, La Châtaigneraie by 21 September 2022, mentioning the reference number 220 654.
Relocation package for expatriates
The Foundation of the International School of Geneva
Founded in 1924, the Foundation of the International School of Geneva, commonly known as Ecolint educates 4500 students aged from 3-18 representing over 130 nationalities. Each of our eight schools is dedicated to the development of seven life-worthy, future-ready global competencies: we develop lifelong learning, self-agency, the ability to interact with the world, and with others, and resources to develop transdisciplinary, multiliterate thinking. Through this, we drive our mission, which is to educate students to be global citizens with the courage and capacity to create a just and joyful tomorrow together. Ecolint is built on strong humanitarian values and prides itself on its long history of pedagogical innovation, including the creation of the Model United Nations system and the International Baccalaureate. We have around 1250 employees representing more than 60 nationalities, united as one core of dynamic professionals, committed to our mission.
La Châtaigneraie Campus
La Châtaigneraie campus is in Founex, in the Canton de Vaud, just 20 minutes from Geneva. Set among farmland, overlooking Lake Geneva, the campus has stunning views of the Alps and the Jura.
With a mix of historic and brand-new buildings, the campus is split into a Primary and Secondary school. Both schools are equipped with the latest ICT equipment, and student learning is optimized through specialist classrooms for different subjects, two multimedia and library centers, an auditorium, several sports halls, IT suites, a music studio, and a theatre.
Beyond the classroom, students benefit from two cafeterias, a sports complex including an all-weather football pitch and a basketball court, and several green areas for their general recreation.
La Châtaigneraie Secondary School
Our 1000 students aged 11 to 18 enjoy excellent facilities across three buildings where we provide a rich and stimulating education.
From Years 7 to 9 (ages 11-14), students can choose classes in English, French, or a bilingual combination of both. From Year 10 onwards, a student will choose either the IGCSE and IB Diploma or the Swiss maturité program. Both provide excellent preparation for higher education at top institutions around the world. La Châtaigneraie is the only Ecolint campus offering the Maturité.
We prepare students for membership of communities that are socially and culturally diverse, for citizenship, and for engagement with the political, ethical, and environmental challenges of their times. We expect them to want to take an active part in making their world a better place and one that is based on the mutual understanding, respect, and shared values to which the school has been committed throughout its long history.
The International School of Geneva serves both the international and local communities of the Geneva area. We are committed to preparing students to live in a multilingual and multicultural world and, as a bilingual Foundation, to develop their fluency in both English and French.
The school exists for the sake of its students and is committed to a continual re-evaluation of their needs in the light of social, economic, and cultural change. The school strives continually to promote excellence in all aspects of its provision, to do better than its previous best, and to model the values that it encourages in its students.
The main principles of an international education
A key element of this unity is a commitment to a particular kind of international education.
The Foundation has defined those main principles as follows:Encouraging important international values Supporting the student’s language development Ensuring an international dimension to the curriculum Recognising the importance of global issues Showing respect for, and integration with, the host country