Grade 10 Math Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Math / Secondary Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Must be able to obtain a background check
- Must be able to satisfy China working visa requirements
- Teaching certification or license a plus
- Experience working internationally a plus
- Salary: 22000 – 27000 RMB monthly (pre-tax)
- Accommodation: Housing stipend & assistance
- Flight Reimbursement: Assistance with one round trip per year
- Insurance: Health and Accident Insurance
- Visa: Reimbursement for Visa Acquisition Fees
- Working Hours: 40 Hours/week, 8:00 – 5:00 PM
- Teaching Hours: Up to 25 class hours per week
- Leave: Paid local and national holidays
Guangdong Guangya High School is seeking a Grade 10 Math Teacher to join our community!
The Guangdong Guangya High School, in partnership with Tower Bridge International Education, is seeking an experienced High School Math Teacher to join our growing international education team.
Our teachers are globally understanding, proactively respond to and serve all students, understand and appreciate their role as mentors, embrace learning inside and outside of the classroom, are experts in their respective fields, and understand the importance of character and values in education.
The Guangya international program is hosted on the main Guangya campus located in the Liwan District, where you can find a unique blend of Eastern and Western culture. Founded in 1888, Guangya is known as one of the top high schools in China. The word Guangya comes from the phrase: “广者大也，雅者正也”, which translates to “Cultivate Knowledge, Integrity, and Well-Being”. Guangya currently operates 4 campuses in and around Guangdong province and offers diverse international programming.
The Guangya International Program is focused on Grades 10-12 aged students. Teachers develop creative and engaging lesson plans delivered in a US-style classroom. Lessons are academically rigorous and create a welcoming environment where students love to show up each day. The Grade 10 Math teacher should be able to teach up to Pre-Calculus level (Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry) and candidates who can teach Calculus or AP courses will be taken under special consideration.
Candidates should be comfortable designing and executing curriculum as part of a small teaching team. Those who are dynamic, highly collaborative, culturally adept and committed to professional growth will succeed in this role.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Design and administer a range of lesson materials and assessments that reflect an awareness of different learning styles and language skills
- Develop course work, materials and resources as directed by the academic leader
- Maintain complete and accurate records
- Maintain genuine, positive and consistent communication with parents
- Cultivate integrity, achievement, curiosity, and respect in all students
- Collaborate with other international teachers and colleagues to establish a culture of professional, positive, hard-working educators that are dedicated to the growth of all students
- Teach an elective course and lead after school clubs
- Take part in and positively contribute to school events (concerts, holidays, sports, festivals)
- Value the diverse thoughts, perspectives, learning abilities and life experiences of students and colleagues
- Collaborate with colleagues to create programs (extracurricular, academic) that enhance the growth and learning of students
- Collaborate with the counseling team to provide advice and counseling to students pursuing studies abroad
- Some weekend duties may be requested
The Guangdong Guangya High School is partnered with Tower Bridge International Education to operate an international high school program for grades 10 - 12. Founded in 1888, Guangya is known as one of the top high schools in China. The word Guangya comes from the phrase: “å¹¿è å¤§ä¹ï¼é è æ£ä¹”, which translates to “Cultivate Knowledge, Integrity, and Well-Being”. Guangya currently operates 4 campuses in and around Guangdong province and offers diverse international programming. With strong matriculation to both domestic and overseas universities, Guangya prepares students by providing a rigorous academic program.