Grade 6 Science Teacher
- Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Science Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Valid teacher certification for the subject and level you are being hired to teach.
- Candidates holding valid and relevant New York State Teaching certification preferred.
- 2 years of recent professional work experience in Educaiton field as Science in US curriculum.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and ideally a Masters.
- Candidates must have experience of teaching in a US district school offering the Common Core State Standards (New York State experience preferred).
- Native English speaker.
- Tax-free salary paid on a scale linked to teaching experience up to 13,000 AED per month.
- Housing allowance paid quarterly to employee for self.
- End of service gratuity.
- Joining and departure economy class flights to/from Dubai to home of record for self.
- Annual flights from to home of record [Economy class] for self taken once during annual leave.
- UAE medical insurance for self.
- 2,000 AED settling in allowance.
- 2 year renewable contract with option for renewal.
- Visa processing costs (excluding document certification) for self.
- Excellent career and leadership prospects.
- Positions of Additional Responsibility are available for suitable candidates wishing to take on greater roles within the school community.
Teach in Dubai..! A Middle School (Grade 6) Science Teacher is required for August 2019.
Ignite School recruits motivated, dynamic, qualified and experienced international faculty who are best able to engage our students in creative and innovative learning. The staff of Ignite School are themselves supported with a peer-led professional learning community shaped by reflective practice and collaboration.
Ignite School shapes creative and innovative “21st century citizens of the world” through a sustainability focused, student-centered learning environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to instill exemplary character and life-long learning skills in our students through inclusive school life programs and extra-curricular activities that empower and challenge the realization of potential in each of our individual learners. Every Ignite School student feels welcome, accepted, safe, valued and happy. Host-country national students feel they have the potential to make a valuable social, cultural and economic contribution to the wellbeing of their local community and to their country.
The American curriculum is rigorous, relevant and service oriented with curriculum design that adheres to international best practice. Our inquiry-based learning model provides a platform for development of creative processes that weave together sustainable development, science, mathematics, [coding and design] technology, analysis, logic, debate and innovation. Our holistic approach to learning encourages the physical, social, intellectual and emotional development of our students through real world experiences as well as inside our high quality learning facilities. With the aid of learning technology, students develop the 21st century citizenship skills of critical thinking, complex problem solving, collaboration, cognitive flexibility, emotional intelligence and creativity.
Interviews are conducted through Skype.
Ignite School offers a KG1 to Grade 12, American education experience leading to a High School Diploma for Emirati and expatriate students. The Ignite School curriculum aligns to the New York State Learning Standards, which includes the New York State P-12 Common Core Learning Standards as well as KHDA guidelines.
We are a new school that commenced classes in September 2018 for over 120 students in KG1 (Pre-K) to Grade 5. In 2019/20 we opened our Middle School with Grade 6 classes and in 2020/21 we will open Grade 7 classes. We project an enrollment of around 850 students for September 2020. Eventually we will offer a KG1 to Grade 12, American education experience leading to a High School Diploma for over 2,000 Emirati and expatriate students.
Join the burgeoning Ignite School community in Dubai and you will have the unique opportunity to shape school culture, develop practice and experience living in the UAE.