Head of Kindergarten
- Early Childhood
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Early Years Education, Foundation Phase, Child Development Sciences
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Experienced as a Head of Kindergarten
- Experienced with the Early Years Foundation Phase
- Paid annual leave of four (4) weeks
- Standard Health Insurance Coverage
- Fifty (50) percent tuition discount for two (2) children enrolled at Al Shomoukh International School
- Omani Visa fees coverage (employee only)
- Support, uphold and articulate the mission and vision of Al Shomoukh International School.
- Support and adhere to the code of conduct, policies and procedures of Al Shomoukh
- International School. Maintain confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Ensure that all policies, procedures and routines across the school are effective and efficient.
- Be responsible for the safety and well-being of all students through positive recognition and high expectations for behaviour and conduct.
- Plan, deliver and oversee a high-quality Kindergarten program and its curriculum. Ensure that improvement activities are focused on raising quality in the department.
- Monitor and promote outstanding attendance and punctuality across the academic department and encourage self-assessments between staff members.
- Contribute to monthly(school) newsletters. Prepare regular communications with staff, students and parents.
- Consult the community about the work of Al Shomoukh International School on a regular basis to ensure that parent views are received respectfully and help guide the school’s development.
- Monitor the implementation of strategic plans and identify areas of need.
- Foster well-being and development of all individuals associated with the service through the creation of a secure and supportive environment. Foster links between all community members.
- Lead a team of professionals and collaborate with them to maintain the highest possible standards of care and development.
- Engage in personal and professional development to ensure a thorough knowledge of all aspects relating to the field of education.
- Develop a monthly Continuous Professional Development schedule for your department.
- Uphold professional integrity at all times including discretion, confidentiality, loyalty and trust while performing all duties.
- Attend school sponsored activities. Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parental involvement. Market the School to the local and wider community.
- Work with staff in a co-operative and respectful manner. Foster positive staff relationships. Hold regular departmental meetings.
- Observe and evaluate instruction and provide constructive feedback on staff performance while maintaining documentation. Promote positive peer modelling, team teaching and coaching within and across grade levels and departments.
- Establish expectations for students, staff and parents. Aim toward achieving and maintaining an excellent rating from the Ministry of Education and other relevant authorities.
- Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to the school, students, staff and families.
- Ensure all teachers' report comments are checked and are written at the highest standards.
- Check all student's end of term semester results and ensure all grades are entered into the school portal.
- Meet all deadlines set by the Vice Principal.
- Communicate effectively with parents and ensure concerns or complaints are handled within a 24-hour time period.
- Monitor the parent portal on a daily basis and ensure teachers are posting homeworks, assignments, worksheets and assessment dates.
- Prepare a list of recommended textbooks for the start of the academic year – textbook list must be submitted when the deadline is set by the Vice Principal.
- Submit all end of year curriculum improvement plans and recommendations.
- Hold regular meetings with your teachers and ensure they take minutes.
- Ensure yearbook photos and comments are prepared by teachers and checked by the head of department.
- Heads of departments are expected to attend all after school parents’ meetings or workshops.
- Responsible for supervising the department and ground floor corridor.
- Submit an end of year department report to your line manager.
- Implement a new theme at the start of every academic term.
- Cover for teachers who call in absent or are on leave in case no alternative teachers are available to cover.
- Monitor teachers display boards.
- Monitor corridors and playground areas during student breaks.
- Continuously supervise corridors and toilets throughout the school day.
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a new KG to Grade 12 global school in Muscat. Established by Global Education Services (GES) the school opened for the 2015/16 school year in Al Hail.
A new school has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with an education experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.
The school offers the National English Curriculum. At senior levels, i.e. Year 10 on, the school will offer and prepare students for UK and US examinations including IGCSE, A level, and SATs. The school will ensure that all local Omani curriculum requirements are met to obtain an Omani Graduation Certification. At our school all can achieve.
Teach Away offers teaching jobs in Oman, ranging from private international schools to language schools throughout the country. There is a definitive focus on teaching English in Oman because it is one of the fastest-growing countries in the Middle East. Explore an engaging culture while earning a competitive, tax-free salary and notable benefits.