Head of National Curriculum
- All Levels
- Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Arabic/Islamic Studies minimum
- Preferred Education: Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction
- Minimum Teaching Experience: 5 years of teaching experience
- Major: Arabic/Islamic, and/or Curriculum and Instruction
- Strong command of English with an IELTS of 6.5 or above
- Previous experience in an American/IB school preferred
- 4 day working week
- Professional development will be fully/partially funded
- Medical Insurance
Following a hugely successful launch in 2021, American Gulf School will be expanding with more classes offering the same excellent standard of education that our parents have come to expect. American Gulf School is seeking to appoint a highly inspirational, motivated, and dynamic Head of National Curriculum, who will lead the schools National Curriculum Program. This role is a limited teaching role.
The ideal candidates will have the following:
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to motivate and effectively manage a team of young and dynamic educators
- Ability to integrate technology into learning
- Excellent classroom management
- Strong ability to effectively engage with children, parents, and staff
- A Creative and innovative thinker
- Hard-working, dedicated and committed to the school to ensure Academic Excellence
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks.
At American Gulf School, we believe that a broader curriculum broadens not only minds but opportunities too. Our learners are encouraged to question and experiment to find answers to critical thinking questions giving every child confidence within their own ability to achieve their full potential.
American Gulf School is situated in the up and coming expanding area of Rahmaniya. We deliver a uniquely broad and diverse curriculum which brings out the best in our learners, both academically and personally. Our School runs the IB Programme framework using the American Curriculum for its content. AGS prides itself in the incorporation of a strong National Curriculum into all aspect of school life.
Our school's motto. "Aspire, Grow, Succeed" captures our learners' journey through academia. In the early years we nurture aspirations and help them grow by giving them choices and prepare them for rigorous course work that will enable them to succeed in our ever-changing world. We believe that learners should develop life skills in conjunction with their academic skills in order to achieve their goals and full potential.
American Gulf School can accommodate children from PreK-3 (3 years old) to Grade 12 (18 years old), meaning a high standard of teaching remains consistent throughout the educational life of each of our learners. Each child is unique and we are able to tailor individual lessons to suit their strengths and needs from start to finish.
We offer outstanding academic facilities including a state of the art STEAM/ Robotics Lab for both PYP and MYP classes, a Media Studio, and a KG Design Thinking Lab to mention a few.
Drawing millions of visitors each year, Dubai allows teachers to experience a unique combination of traditional Middle Eastern ways of life and an upscale expatriate lifestyle. Dubai's many private schools provide opportunities for licensed teachers to teach in one of the most exciting and dynamic modern cities in the world.