High School Humanities Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- 0 year of teaching experience
- Fluent English speaker
- Strong passion for Business, Economics, History and Geography
- Experience working in multicultural and multilingual settings is desirable
- Minimum 100 hours TEFL certification or relevant teaching credentials/licence
- Competitive salary
- All school holidays as paid leave
- Arrangement and payment of visa documentation
- Shared car
- Medical cover
- House cleaning service
- Access to chauffeur service
The British School of Madagascar, established in 2014, is a rapidly growing English curriculum school situated in the heart of the bustling capital, Antananarivo.
We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic teacher to deliver Humanities subjects creatively and engagingly.
Main Duties and Responsibilities :
- To deliver the Pearson curriculum for Geography, History, Business, and Economics
- To assess, record, and report on the development of the students in the class, in conjunction with our academic administrators and the SLT
- To work as a part of the upper school team and carry out basic administrative duties as required by the SLT
- To maintain a stimulating and positive learning environment
- To set expectations for students using clear and constructive feedback
- To deploy teaching assistants effectively to support the learning process
Wider School Responsibilities:
- Participate inappropriate meetings with parents and colleagues
- Promote proper safeguarding practices and care for the health and safety of students
- Contribute to the development of policy and the growth of the school
- To host 1, 45-minute after school club per week
- To carry out a share of supervisory duties as per published rotas
The British School of Madagascar is a fast growing learning community situated in the heart of the bustling capital Antananarivo. We opened our doors in September 2014 with 20 students and 1 school building and now boast over 200 students and 4 school buildings, covering education from 2 to 18 years old. We are a part of the small, but growing British population in Madagascar and ensure that all our teachers are well integrated to create a strong community feeling.
Our philosophy is based on equipping students with the necessary skills to become independent thinking global citizens of the future. We focus on a child-centred approach, where we immerse students in the English language and British culture. Our mission is to fulfil the potential of each child by allowing them to learn through the world-beating English curriculum and our varied and engaging extra-curricular programme.
In Madagascar, we stand alone in offering our unique curriculum that promotes excellence and the holistic development of all our students.