High School Math Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Mathematics Education
- Teaching Credential/License
We are looking to appoint for immediate start in 2019 an innovative, strong, hardworking and talented a High School Science Teacher to teach Grades 9 through 12. Leadership and management experience would be desirable.
Ideal candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree and accredited US teaching license (with appropriate specialisation)
- Minimum of 2 years full time teaching in the American Curriculum, Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards or Massachusetts State Curriculum Frameworks for elective courses.
- Be passionate about children’s learning
- Plan creative and inspiring lessons, activities and learning environments
We offer the opportunity to work in a new, modern spacious school with large indoor and outdoor classroom spaces, state-of-the-art technology, amazing children who want to learn, supported by a great team.
Our attractive package includes a tax-free salary, modern, high quality accommodation close to school, health insurance and flight allowance.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Draws on content of the relevant curriculum frameworks to plan activities addressing standards that will advance students' level of content knowledge.
- Plans sequential units of study that make learning cumulative and that are based on the learning standards in the frameworks.
- Draws on results of formal and informal assessments as well as knowledge of human development to plan learning activities appropriate for the full range of students within a classroom.
- Plans lessons with clear standards-based learning objectives and relevant measurable outcomes.
- Plans the pedagogy appropriate to the specific discipline and to the age and cognitive level of the students in the classroom.
- Seeks resources from colleagues, families, and the community to enhance learning.
- Incorporates appropriate technology and media in lesson planning.
- Uses information in Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and other accommodation plans to incorporate strategies for integrating students with disabilities into general education classrooms.
SRS is a BSO approved international school that provides a high quality education, meeting the needs of a diverse range of students. We deliver the British National and American Curriculum to an increasing population of 3000 plus students from FS to Year 13, leading to GCSE, IGCSE and AS/A2 qualifications.
School of Research Science was founded in 1998 to provide a high quality education to the children of local Emirati families. Since that time, the school has seen a dramatic expansion linked directly to its growth in popularity, also amongst non-Emirati families whose children now comprise approximately one-third of the schoolâs intake. A powerful vision coupled with strong ambition and clear sense of direction has enabled the school to grow and become a very successful all-through, 3 to 18 school with a student roll of approximately 3,250. Building on this success, the Founder of the school has invested in a new purpose built school in Al-Warqa with state-of-the-art specialist facilities and a twenty-first century learning environment. By employing high quality teachers and school leaders and giving them the tools and opportunities they need to grow professionally, we aspire to provide a World Class standard of education for all our students.
The school devotes considerable resources to ensuring a breadth of curriculum experience which is not commonly found in schools offering a non-residential provision. In delivering 30 guided learning hours each week for all students beyond the Foundation Stage the school is able to blend learning in both the Arabic and British traditions in a manner that is purposeful and continuously developing.The curriculum offer is balanced in such a way as to offer exceptional social, moral, spiritual and cultural development to children and young people aged 3 to 18. Additionally, the bilingual character of the school is exploited so as to allow curriculum access to students of varying ethnic origins; reinforcing and deepening learning through an emerging collaboration between teachers drawn from quite diverse backgrounds.
At SRS, we believe in the holistic growth of all our students, with each phase of school life organically connected to the next. In practice this means our students develop and grow with us academically, socially, emotionally and morally. Moreover, we believe we have a clear moral obligation to administer a learning environment that encourages such growth and development where the school culture is built upon care, respect, responsibility and honesty.