High School Science Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate
The candidate will need to:
- Be passionate about teaching and learning.
- Hold a relevant degree in Sciences Education, Sciences and Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent.
- Be up to date with pedagogy and their area of expertise.
- Have experience using interactive online teaching technologies.
- Be able to conduct and/or assist with practical science lessons in a science laboratory.
- Works well in a team and has experience planning interdisciplinary projects with other teachers.
- Have good time management skills to meet multiple and regular deadlines.
- Use assessment for learning tools, matching learning to individual needs.
- Seek to consistently improve their practice.
- Have at least two years of experience in teaching.
- Be able to engage and motivate students.
- Promote the Christian values of the school.
- Be a role model for our learners.
- Full airfare reimbursement for an economy ticket and airport pickup.
- Housing allowance provided on a monthly basis and apartment as well
- Benefits as per Mexican labor law.
Daily tasks/responsibilities include the following:
- Planning and conducting regular science lessons for average class sizes between 15 and 25 high school students.
- Meeting regular deadlines on grading student work, submitting lesson plans, and filling in general education documents.
- Conducting and/or assisting with regular practical science lessons in a science laboratory.
- Attending regular teacher meetings and teacher training sessions.
- Helping out with extracurricular school activities (eg. recess duty, exam monitoring, school events, etc...)
- Communicating and working with other teachers to plan regular interdisciplinary science and lab projects.
We are an educational community, built on the foundation of Catholic values, which helps parents cultivate their sons in an international academic environment. Our community is distinguished by being challenging and kind, through the acquisition of personal character formation that fosters the sincere search of truth, the pursuit of good, appreciation of beauty, and dealing with emotions in order to attain a life of happiness and satisfaction through the commitment to help others.
To forge accomplished young men and boys who live Catholic virtues, able to succeed in the best universities of the world, to deal with situations that they encounter in life through an open-minded approach, to serve their fellow citizens, and to contribute to the solution of mankind’s challenges by being good examples wherever they find themselves in society.
Our reason for being
To assist families in shaping accomplished Christians, highly competent and committed to improving the world.
Our Beliefs and ValuesWe develop a high sense of belonging to the educational community. We help parents to educate their sons. We live a strong Christian identity through Opus Dei’s spirituality. We provide an international, challenging and kind academic environment. We cultivate character formation, which fosters the sincere search for truth, pursuit of good, appreciation of beauty, and dealing with emotions. We favor a life full of happiness and joy, committed to helping others.
Mexico, a traveler's paradise, offers opportunities to teach English abroad, as well as licensed teaching jobs in the country's many international schools. Enjoy Mexico's magnificent landscape while teaching abroad in language institutes or private schools.