High School Science Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- University Graduate, Licensed Teacher, Director/Principal, District/Regional Level Administrator, ESL Instructor
- 0 year of teaching experience
- Scientific Discipline
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma Level
- United States (USA), United Kingdom (UK), Canada, South Africa, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand
- Fluent English speaker
- Passionate about Science
- Studied a Science related subject at university
- Experience working in multicultural and multilingual settings is desirable
- Minimum 100 hours of TEFL certification or teaching credentials/license
- £1100 per month salary
- Salary paid via PAYE system (UK residents only)
- All school holidays and bank holidays as paid leave (Minimum of 8 weeks per year)
- Arrangement and payment of visa documentation
- Shared car
- Medical cover
- House cleaning service
- Access to chauffeur service
- Monday-Thursday: 7:30-16:30
- Friday: 7:30-15:00 (for at least 50% of working Fridays, the end of the day is 12:30)
Teaching hours per week:
- 20 hours
Main Duties and Responsibilities :
- To deliver the Pearson iGCSE Science curriculum to high school students (all lesson plans provided).
- To utilize the school's laboratory to maximize student's scientific development
- To assess, record, and report on the development of the students in the class, in conjunction with our academic administrators and the SLT
- To work as a part of the upper school team and carry out essential administrative duties as required by the SLT
- To maintain a stimulating and positive learning environment
- To set expectations for students using clear and constructive feedback
- To deploy teaching assistants effectively to support the learning process
Wider School Responsibilities:
- Participate in appropriate meetings with parents and colleagues
- Promote proper safeguarding practices and care for the health and safety of students
- Contribute to the development of policy and the growth of the school
- To host 1, 45-minute after-school club per week
- To carry out a share of supervisory duties as per published rotas
The British School of Madagascar is a fast-growing learning community situated in the heart of the bustling capital Antananarivo. We opened our doors in September 2014 with 20 students and 1 school building and now boast over 200 students and 4 school buildings, covering education from 2 to 18 years old.
We are a part of the small, but growing British population in Madagascar and ensure that all our teachers are well-integrated to create a strong community feeling.
Our philosophy is based on equipping students with the necessary skills to become independent-thinking global citizens of the future. We focus on a child-centred approach, where we immerse students in the English language and British culture.
Our mission is to fulfill the potential of each child by allowing them to learn through the world-beating English curriculum and our varied and engaging extra-curricular program.
In Madagascar, we stand alone in offering our unique curriculum that promotes excellence and the holistic development of all our students.