High School Social Studies Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Sociology; Social Studies
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in the subject area.
- A relevant license, certificate, or registration.
- AP experience and certification
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Resilience and a positive attitude.
- Superb interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to establish rapport and build professional relationships with adolescents.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- A growth mindset.
- Experience: 3 or more years of classroom teaching experience (experience with English Language Learners preferred)
- Teaching License/Certification
- Experience with US Common Core in Middle School or High School
- Salary: Monthly, competitive salary based on your credentials and experience
- Accommodation: Free housing
- Accommodation Details: Western-style apartment within walking distance of your school
- Airfare Reimbursement: Airfare to China and return flight covered by the School
- Airport Pickup: Yes
- Support Staff: Fully bilingual support staff is available to help process your visa, settle you into your apartment, translate legal documents, and much more. We provide western comforts and support to make the transition easier for you.
- Health Insurance Provided: Yes
- Additional Benefits: Paid Vacation
- Professional Development: Ongoing professional development provided, including annual teacher in-service, and frequent professional development opportunities. Teachers enjoy career advancement opportunities.
- Bonus: Teacher referral bonus offered to all KLIS teachers.
- Holidays: We observe local national holidays and some US holidays.
Position / Role Introduction
We are seeking a highly qualified and passionate High School Social Studies teacher to join our school. Responsibilities include developing lesson plans, delivering content, administering assessments, and providing feedback to students and parents.
To be successful as a high school Social Studies teacher, applicants must be resilient, well-organized, and flexible. Outstanding candidates can manage their time, keep abreast of developments in their field, and adjust teaching techniques to suit different students.
- Developing lesson plans in the relevant subject area (American Government/Civics, Personal Finance/Economics, Psychology, Sociology, US History, World Geography, World History) and grade (9-12), and ensuring all lessons align with American Common Core Curriculum Standards.
- Creating classroom rules and safety regulations and ensuring all students understand them.
- Using a range of teaching materials and methods to deliver content.
- Providing additional support and interventions for struggling students and extra resources to those who are exceeding.
- Preparing students for tests, exams, presentations, experiments, and other assessments.
- Grading assessments and providing feedback and reports to students and parents.
- Attending staff and parent meetings to provide helpful recommendations or voice concerns.
- Establishing rapport and professional relationships with students, staff, and parents.
- Supervising students in class, during events, and on field trips.
- Monitoring students’ overall well-being and liaising with the school counselor and other staff members when there are concerns or issues.
- Attending ongoing learning initiatives like workshops, lectures, conferences, and other events where you can expand your education networks.
KL International School is a private ,co-educational,not-for-profit international school whose mission is to prepare creative,collaborative,and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens,self-sustanining learners and ethical leaders.
The KL International School was founded in 2015 as the second licensed PreK – Year 13 international school for expatriates in Chongqing, China. KLIS is the only private, co-educational, not-for-profit international school in Chongqing and our mission is to prepare creative, collaborative and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens, self-sustaining learners and ethical leaders. KLIS believes in being a “Responsive School for a Changing World”.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.