History and Geography Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Bachelors of Education in Geography and History
- B.S. in Education in Geography and History + 3 years minimum experience; or
- B.S. in Geography and History + Postgraduate Certificate in Education + 3 years minimum experience; or
- B.S. in Geography and History + 4 years minimum experience
- Have fluent English language skills and if not mother tongue, minimum IELTS band 6 or TOEFL equivalent
- Advantage, Postgraduate Teaching Certificate or Qualified Teacher Status
- All teaching experience must be in relevant subject with verifiable original reference letters, signed and stamped by the school (experiences from Universities, Institutes or Training centers are not accepted)
- Between 21- 40 years of age
- An expensed apartment or allowance (larger apartments available for teaching couples)
- Annual Return flight home
- Private Healthcare for the Teacher
- 50% tuition discount for dependents enrolled in the school
- Visa costs expensed
Al Shomoukh International School is one of Oman's most exciting, rapidly growing International Schools. With a mixture of local and international students all taught to the UK National Curriculum, this relatively new school is already making an impact in terms of results.
As part of the school’s ongoing growth strategy, we are looking for several teachers in Secondary department in fields of Mathematics, English Language, Science, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Physical Education, Music, ICT, History and Geography teachers to join the school for the 2019/20 academic year.
Based just on the outskirts of Muscat, one of the Gulf’s most fabulous cities with history to rival the top European cities, this school is in an enviable location, but with construction starting on their new campus imminently this is just the start of the story.
We are looking for UK National Curriculum experienced Secondary specialist teachers to join the friendly, collegiate Secondary School team. In line with Omani MoE guidelines you will need to be able to demonstrate a track record of at least 3 years of experience teaching (depending on your route into the industry).
Most importantly however is personality, we are looking for teachers who are engaging, and passionate team players with a desire to be part of something growing; for the right individual the opportunities for exciting future career growth are excellent beyond their initial contract.
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a new KG to Grade 12 global school in Muscat. Established by Global Education Services (GES) the school opened for the 2015/16 school year in Al Hail.
A new school has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with an education experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.
The school offers the National English Curriculum. At senior levels, i.e. Year 10 on, the school will offer and prepare students for UK and US examinations including IGCSE, A level, and SATs. The school will ensure that all local Omani curriculum requirements are met to obtain an Omani Graduation Certification. At our school all can achieve.
Teach Away offers teaching jobs in Oman, ranging from private international schools to language schools throughout the country. There is a definitive focus on teaching English in Oman because it is one of the fastest-growing countries in the Middle East. Explore an engaging culture while earning a competitive, tax-free salary and notable benefits.