Humanities Teacher - Al Ghad Charter School
- Middle School, High School
- University Graduate, Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Education, Humanities or History
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma LevelOther Certification
- TESL/TEFL Diploma Level
- TESL/TEFL Certificate
- Teaching Credential/License
- Annual Airfare - Subject to Verification.
- Accommodation - Subject to verification.
- To deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- To be a good communicator at all levels.
- Be committed to developing positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Working alongside fellow teachers to plan engaging lessons that meet the requirements of the curriculum.
- Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly.
- Working with parents to ensure the happiness and best academic outcomes for all children.
- Working cooperatively with curriculum support staff (where applicable) to support children’s development.
Teaching and Learning:
- Clear understanding of the Curriculum.
- Organising the classroom provision and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive and engaging learning environment.
- Planning, preparing, and presenting sessions that cater to the needs of the whole ability range within the class.
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative teaching.
- Observing and assessing children in line with school assessments.
- Being reflective of the classroom provision, sessions taught, progress made, and adjusting environment, planning and curriculum to reflect this.
- Meeting with other professionals such as speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, and educational psychologists, if required.
Behavior Management and Duties:
- Follow the school’s behavior policy.
- Manage classes effectively, using approaches that are appropriate to students’ needs to inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
- Maintain good relationships with pupils, exercise appropriate authority, and act decisively when necessary within the school’s behavioral policy.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values, and behavior, which are expected of pupils.
- Have high expectations of behavior, promoting self-control and independence of all learners.
- Carry out duties as directed and within the school’s policy.
Wider Professional Responsibilities:
- To work as part of a curriculum action group, supporting planning, assessment, resources, and special events linked to that team.
- Support the organizing and taking part in school events, outings, and activities that may take place at weekends or in the evening.
- Communicate effectively with parents/carers about students’ achievements and well-being using school systems/processes such as CPOMS as appropriate.
- Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
- Run a weekly ECA each term.
Assessment and Data:
- Taking responsibility for the progress of a class.
- Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of students’ development.
- Using data provided by assessments to influence further planning, provision, and intervention.
- Providing feedback to parents and carers on a student’s progress at Parent Teacher Conferences and other meetings.
As Abu Dhabi’s largest and leading education provider, Aldar Education aims to be your first choice. Starting with one school and 250 students in 2007, we’ve grown into a highly sought-after education provider, supporting over 6,500 students across seven academies and one nursery in Abu Dhabi, and one in Al Ain. With schools independently ranked by the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK), Aldar Education is the trusted name in educational excellence in UAE.
Working collaboratively, our education network’s purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
Our diverse and experienced executive team is dedicated to creating a better environment and experience for all students. Working with governing bodies such as the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge they guide our network of schools in our quest to develop our students and uphold our purpose, promise, and values.