IB PYP Head of Primary
- Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher
- 4 years of teaching experience
Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate
- One annual round trip flight
- Medical insurance
- Accommodation allowance (furnished apartment)
- Tuition fee discount for dependent children
- Professional development
- Winter holiday, Summer holiday, Christmas holiday
- Free lunch
The Head of the Primary is a member of the School Leadership Team who reports directly to the Head of School. The incumbent must understand fully and support enthusiastically and articulately the stated mission and purpose of the Academy, both in talking and writing. All senior administrators are expected to model behavior and attitudes that build community, courtesy, and compassion in our boarding and day student society. Positive enjoyment of the job and a lively sense of humor will be highly valued. The Head will normally be expected to teach one course or be one classroom teacher.
The Head is the administrative and organizational leader of the Primary School. Working closely with the overall Academic Leadership Team (ALT) of School, the Head provides pedagogical leadership that envisions and inspires the learning program in the Primary School. Also working closely with the members of Primary School, the Head has responsibility for the operational and day-to-day quality of the Primary School’s educational programs and scheduling and the committed and creative practice of all its personnel.
Pedagogic, Academic, and Curriculum Leading and Managing:
- Coordinating Primary School Faculty Meetings and other significant Primary School meetings
- Helping to monitor needs and opportunities for professional growth and improvement in the Primary School
- Working closely with all the staff to ensure a consistently high quality of faculty across the whole school
- Assisting with the hiring of teaching and non-teaching staff where appropriate
- Overseeing the assessment and evaluation of teachers in the Primary School
- Assisting with the design, implementation, and review of school-wide initiatives, curriculum development, special projects, and strategic planning
- Working with department heads and teachers to build and nurture an academic and experiential learning environment that is challenging, creative, and caring
- Assisting with the design, implementation, and review of the timetable and staffing requirements
- Assisting in aligning the IBPYP curriculum with the IGCSE/A Level of CIE
- Assisting in ensuring that the academic programs meet the standards and requirements of CIE and the school
Administrative Leading and Managing:
- Ensuring the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the Primary School, through imaginative planning, and appropriate delegation to line managers
- Oversight of safety and security issues in the Primary School
- Producing and reviewing, with the Marketing and School Central Office, all Primary School publications to make sure they are of top quality
- Communicating sensitively and punctually with parents on matters of interest and concern to them
Financial Leading and Managing:
- Helping to construct the Primary School financial budget and overseeing its implementation
- Assisting with the budget for department resources, academic equipment and furniture, curriculum resource expenses, professional development, library resources, and unexpected contingencies
- Liaising with the Admissions Department concerning student applications and admissions to the Primary School
- Working closely with the staff to ensure a consistently high quality of student/boarding student life across the whole school
- Monitoring student performance together with the classroom teachers and specialist teachers
- Overseeing student academic counseling and CAS selection
An excellent academic and social education is a critical component of every family’s core values, because it is simply the firm foundation upon which to build a brighter future for our children! In response, our aim at Changzhou Trina International School is to facilitate a family-friendly educational experience by partnering with parents to provide a rigorous and results-oriented academic program, supported and balanced by a broad range of resources and amenities within the context of our modern multi-facility campus.
Across the curriculum and along the coordinated continuum from early years all the way through to senior years, you will discover our first-class commitment to an all-encompassing approach to the development of character, communication, collaboration, creativity, critical thinking and core competencies. It is our desire that these components, in-concert, will equip our students over time to discover and develop their call and career. In turn, and regardless of which path they take, it is also our hope that our students will both seek and seize opportunities for success in the face of the very real challenges of an increasingly competitive and complex global community and that they would do so with confidence, courage and conviction.
School is not just about academics. Whether it is transportation, residence, food services, after-school extra-curricular activities (cross-fit, baking, football, dance, yoga, archery, guitar, piano), weekend language and culture classes, weekday evening parenting classes, or even the Parents and Friends Association, there is something for everyone at Changzhou Trina International School. So, please take some time to explore our website and our array of both academic and non-academic services.
Since “seeing is believing”, just click and complete the “Contact Us” form on our website to book a personal student-led tour, and we will also arrange to have your child visit a class for part of a day and join us for lunch! Regardless of whether you are looking to enroll your family in the Early Years, Primary and Middle School, or Senior School, we trust that it will not take long for you and yours to establish a connection with not only our professional community of caring faculty and support staff, but also our warm student body and supportive parental community!
We’re building a firm foundation, so come form your family’s future with us!