- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- All candidates should have a minimum of a 2 year college degree in their teaching field
- Candidates not holding teacher certification, but with teaching experience relevant to a teaching assignment will be given consideration
- Preference given to candidates with teacher certification
- Housing allowance provided
- Annual round-trip airfare to/from home country of record upon completion of initial contract.
- Contribute to the curriculum area and department’s development plan and its implementation
- Become proficient in developing a master timetable in Rediker.
- Become proficient in collecting, manipulating school-wide data and preparing metric reports to leadership staff.
- Compile data and trend analysis to principal with working days of exam conclusion.
- Keeping the computer lab in order including tools & equipment.
- Work with HODs on Map testing schedule.
- Ensure all MAP sessions start correctly, and the administrator running the session is the same administrator who starts the session.
- Analyze MAP data.
- Provide the leadership team with any student’s online data and running records.
- Work with the ICT coordinator.
- Ensure all students have access to their online resources and all licenses and subscriptions are always as per the correct students numbers and always updated.
- Manage Rediker support and work as a liaison between Rediker and Met users (Connection, support, training, monitoring & MAP).
- Conduct training sessions for teachers when necessary.
- Run 1 weekly CCA
- Substitute classes where necessary.
- Maintain e-portfolio for teachers and students.
- School website improvement.
- Troubleshooting students’ iPads.
- Other duties as assigned.
Metropolitan School will deliver an outstanding American education whilst ensuring that Egyptian values are central to school life, stretching the minds of our students to equip them with both a passion for learning and the ambition to make a difference to the local and global communities. All students will have the opportunity to become involved in community service projects making a difference to the lives of people who are less fortunate than themselves. We will educate with the philosophy of building a new generation of entrepreneurs, by encouraging the spirit of entrepreneurship.
ObjectivesIn an outstanding school environment, Metropolitan School will develop a vibrant community that recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion. We will encourage creativity and the spirit of entrepreneurship, challenging our students and ourselves to achieve ever-greater goals. In preparing our students for future prosperity, we will ensure that they understand the value of creating a sustainable world and serving the wider community. Finally, we will ensure that our school is a happy place, where children and our staff, enjoy learning.
Firmly grounded in our Egyptian culture, whilst embracing an international perspective, our values guide our behavior in building a successful community.
Ethics and Manners: Being respectful, demonstrating humility and choosing wisely. Pursuing Excellence: Having high standards and being the best that we can be.
Celebrating Diversity: Expanding our horizons, listening to others and growing together.
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Creativity, exploring our passions and taking calculated risks.