- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- Associate/2-year Diploma
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Special Education
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma LevelOther Certification
- Two-year diploma degree in Education or/ Special Education or/ to have a high school diploma with a Special Education training program.
- 2 years SEN experience in the same field
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Good literacy skills and an excellent command of English and good numeracy skills
- Flexibility, personal initiative, and skills in prioritization of tasks, enthusiastic, motivated, resilient, and patient
- Strong sense of emotional intelligence
- Pro-active sense towards health and safety
- Ability to work flexibly as a member of a team
- IT skills
- First aid trained – an advantage
What We Offer
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application to our company.
Aldar Education is currently looking for Inclusion Assistants for Charter Schools based in Abu Dhabi.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
Provide early intervention to promote the educational and social development of identified pupil/s under the direction and guidance of the Head of Inclusion and Class Teacher.
- Provide support for individual pupils, within a group context or individually, both inside and outside of the classroom to enable them to fully participate in a range of activities during the school day.
- Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety.
- Assist in the implementation of individual education programs for individual pupils, link to the student’s IEP goals, and contribute to the monitoring of their progress and attainment.
- Support the individual pupil/s about their additional support needs e.g., academic, physical, emotional, and behavioral difficulties, and help develop their social and communication skills.
- Assist homeroom and subject teachers with maintaining pupil records.
- Prepare necessary resources to assist the identified student to access or differentiate the curriculum to support learning.
- Promote independence, by teaching clear and meaningful strategies to the student.
- Support the aims of the school, and comply with the requirements of health and safety, code of conduct, and other relevant legislation and school policies.
- Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality, and attendance.
- Attend training sessions and professionals’ meetings as required.
- Work with other professionals e.g. speech therapists, occupational therapists, etc, as needed.
- Build a close working relationship with homeroom and subject teachers and communicate regularly and openly.
- Understand other duties from time to time as the principal / Head of Inclusion require
- Adhere to guidelines of confidentiality – respecting that the Head of Inclusion, Homeroom, and subject teachers are responsible for formal communications with parents.
- Academic assistance
- Giving individual instruction as prescribed by the teacher/providing group instruction where appropriate
- Demonstrating various instructional activities
- Monitoring work assigned by the teacher – checking and correcting individual students' work in line with school policy, while in progress.
- Keeping individual pupils and peers on task
- Praising and reinforcing the achievements of pupils/reporting pupil progress to the teacher
- Prepare materials for the individual as needed, to scaffold their classroom learning.
- Supervising individual pupil/s in the classroom, specialist lessons, and other locations
- Participating in the development of behavior policy / promoting pupils' self-esteem and discipline misbehavior in line with whole school policy
- Attend and subsequently deliver intervention for SaLT / OT / ABA therapy to help generalize and consolidate target skills, maximizing the impact of therapy.
- Attend ECA/trips and visits.
- Experienced IA may be asked to mentor new IA – new IA may be asked to participate in mentoring
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Aldar Education is the leading education group in Abu Dhabi, we provide inclusive and innovative learning that inspires and empowers communities, Aldar Education aims to be your employer of choice. We educate over 24,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders and employees across the group.
Working collaboratively, our purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
We are a “Great Place To Work” and currently employ over 1,400 teachers to deliver the English National Curriculum, the highly regarded American Massachusetts State Curriculum and the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme all with an international dimension.
Abu Dhabi is the capital city of UAE and is the second most populous city. Experienced educators or administrators seeking positions in the UAE can find great opportunities in Abu Dhabi.