Jr. High School/HS Science Teacher
The KL International School of Chongqing is seeking a Jr. High School/High School Science Teacher to join our growing community!
KLIS has an immediate opening for a Junior High School/High School Science teacher who loves to inspire a love of learning. Our teachers deeply care about students and lead classrooms that focus on individualized learning.
KL International School of Chongqing
The KL International School was founded in 2015 as the second licensed PreK – Year 13 international school for expatriates in Chongqing, China. KLIS is the only private, co-educational, not-for-profit international school in Chongqing. Our mission is to prepare creative, collaborative and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens, self-sustaining learners and ethical leaders. KLIS believes in being a “Responsive School for a Changing World”.
KLIS educators are bright, adaptive, and responsive to their students. They are culturally aware, understanding that a diverse group of students, each with unique backgrounds, sits in front of them each day. They are patient and caring, taking time to explain concepts to differing learning levels and cherish the opportunity to serve as role models. They are explorers of Chongqing and the world – both interested in and dedicated to learning inside and outside of the classroom. Most of all, KLIS educators love students.
As a Junior High School/High School Science Teacher, you will serve as the lead Junior High/High School Science teacher with a dedicated teaching aide in the classroom. Your classroom will never exceed 17 students and you will be part of a tight knit teacher team serving a diverse community. Your responsibilities will be to serve both our Junior High School and High School students in a variety of classroom settings. Students vary in skill level and age – from 7th – 12th grade – so it is important that you have expertise teaching a range of math subjects in a differentiated classroom.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials
- Provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth, record appropriate records, and prepare progress reports
- Create a fun and engaging classroom environment
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities
- Maintain positive communication with parents
- Take part in schoolwide events
- Collaborate with school administrators and peer teachers to establish a collegiate school community
- Participate in curriculum and professional development sessions
- Take part in schoolwide events
|Licensed Teacher, University Graduate|
|Middle School, High School|
Qualifications and Requirements
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|