K-12 Instructional Coach
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Master degree in Education.
- Teaching/instructional coaching certification is essential.
- Prior classroom experience.
- This position is required to teach at least one course.
- Travel allowance: Annual home leave (summer break) cash allowance (equivalent of return economy class airfare to point-of-origin for employee and eligible dependents residing in Kuwait)
- Furnished accommodation: allocation based upon family size and availability, AUS provides utilities and transportation to and from work
- A list of other benefits will be provided during the interview.
The role of an Instructional Coach is to build educator capacity and their understanding of instructional practices as related to Common Core, Math and Data Driven Instruction. The Instructional Coach is a learner who models continuous improvement, lifelong learning, and goes beyond to ensure student success. Moreover, the Instructional Coach will promote reflection, provide guidance and structure where needed, and focus on strengths, collaboration and common issues of concern. This position is responsible for ensuring high-quality instruction in classrooms through modeling, co-planning, co-teaching and providing feedback to educators. The Instructional Coach will demonstrate and model a passion for leadership.
Assists the Teaching and Learning Support Team to foster professional learning communities using data teams, classroom walk-through, peer observation, and action research. Also, assists educators in developing, testing, and implementing research based instructional strategies that will increase student achievement. Use, analyze, and reflect on formative assessment data to improve teaching and learning.
As the premier Pre-K to Grade 12 private school in Kuwait, American United School (AUS) strives to be “A Better Choice” for the children of Kuwait nationals and expatriates, alike. Located in Sabah Al Salem, Kuwait, AUS is a purpose-built campus with state of amenities.
Not only is AUS dedicated to providing the best education for our students, but we are also committed to providing top-notch professional development opportunities for its educators. We provide resources, ongoing learning opportunities, and support for educators to develop the knowledge and skills needed to improve instruction. This blended support is provided by external partners, school leaders, instructional coaches, grade-level chairs, and content team leaders.
In May of 2018, American United School achieved the rare 10-year International Accreditation designation from the Council of International Schools (CIS) and by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA-CESS) for the period of May 2018 to May 2028.