- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Early Years Education, Foundation Phase, Child Development Sciences
- Teaching Credential/License
- Must hold a Bachelors of Early Childhood Education or its equivalent
- A minimum of two years experience as a Kindergarten Teacher
- 50% tuition fees discount for 2 children
- Health Insurance
- Paid annual leave
- Annual airfare Allowance
- Housing allowance provided
- Make every student feel safe and welcome in your classroom.
- Be a role model for students in terms of positive attitude, kindness, and respect towards others.
- Plan and deliver lessons that help each student achieve learning objectives and curriculum goals.
- Create a clean and inviting classroom environment which fosters imagination and self-esteem through the presentation of student work.
- Develop and implement a suitable classroom management system.
- Adapt standard teaching methods to meet different student needs and interests.
- Establish and affect rules for acceptable behavior.
- Apply and follow up on approved disciplinary interventions.
- Make referrals for intervention and assistance where necessary.
- Clearly communicate your needs and expectations to your teaching assistant.
- Liaise with your teaching assistant to ensure maximum efficiency in the classroom and that each child is receiving the support he or she needs
- Instruct children on personal hygiene practices and self-care.
- Encourage cooperative social behavior through games and activities.
- Observe, evaluate and record children's social and academic progress.
- Provide constructive feedback to parents, guardians and administration.
- Prepare and distribute written reports.
- Prepare lesson materials and resources in accordance with the school’s procedures.
- Ensure equipment and facilities are clean and safe.
- Select and use instructional methods and materials appropriate to the students and learning activities.
- Utilize games, music, books, art, technology and other resources to teach basic skills and foster student development.
- Collaborate with other staff members to promote the general health of the school.
- Perform required administrative duties including attending staff meetings, Parents’ Evenings, and professional development events including those that take place after school.
- Appear on time and use diligent supervision during your assigned break time and afterschool duties.
- Uphold the school code of conduct and all school policies, rules and procedures in a supportive and positive manner.
- Communicate with parents through parents’ portal on a regular basis and you must respond back to parents’ messages within 24 hours.
- Ensure display boards are showcasing students' works and a new theme is implemented every 3-4 weeks.
- Respond back to all emails within 24 hours or less.
- In certain situations, the school may require you to take on additional tasks which are not listed on your job description.
- In some cases, the school may request you to stay after school hours.
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a new KG to Grade 12 global school in Muscat. Established by Global Education Services (GES) the school opened for the 2015/16 school year in Al Hail.
A new school has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with an education experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.
The school offers the National English Curriculum. At senior levels, i.e. Year 10 on, the school will offer and prepare students for UK and US examinations including IGCSE, A level, and SATs. The school will ensure that all local Omani curriculum requirements are met to obtain an Omani Graduation Certification. At our school all can achieve.
Teach Away offers teaching jobs in Oman, ranging from private international schools to language schools throughout the country. There is a definitive focus on teaching English in Oman because it is one of the fastest-growing countries in the Middle East. Explore an engaging culture while earning a competitive, tax-free salary and notable benefits.