Lead Elementary Teacher
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Education, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education K-6
- Teaching Credential/License
- Completed a four-year degree (equivalent to the B.A. or B.S. in the United States) in a related field
- Hold a valid teaching license
- Speak English fluently
- Have at least 3 years of teaching experience
- Be willing and able to teach a variety of content areas in elementary (Pre-K to 5th Grade)
- Have strong leadership skills and a willingness to take on the tasks of working in a small school and developing programs as part of the school leadership team
- Preference is given to teachers with previous experience teaching abroad and those that are bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Program leadership experience a plus
- Housing is provided (fully furnished and outfitted), including all utilities, high-speed internet, laundry, daily housekeeping, gardener and maintenance
- Living in the Ranch, teachers have access to all of the resort amenities (pools, 20+ miles of trails, Tienda, restaurants, transportation) and free access to a full gym/sports complex across the road from the Ranch
- The school is situated 500m from the beach with some of the best surfing in Nicaragua
- The Ranch is gated with full security and 5 beaches that are exclusive to the Ranch within the gates
Escuela Santa Ana, a small international private school on the Emerald Coast of Nicaragua, is looking for an experienced Lead Elementary teacher for the 2020-2021 school year beginning in November 2020.
Escuela Santa Ana is an independent, nonsectarian, day school committed to academic excellence. Our mission is to educate our students to be caring, balanced, responsible and engaged global citizens who apply the skills they learn to be innovative critical thinkers with a lifelong love for learning. In addition to our academic programs, a high value is placed on environmental, physical and social-emotional learning. Our programs foster independence, creativity, action, reflection and leadership.
Escuela Santa Ana is a tiny, but growing school, looking to hire qualified teachers that are interested in joining our team and living on the Pacific Coast of Nicaragua. We are located within the gates of Rancho Santana in Tola, Rivas, Nicaragua. Our little school sits just steps away from some of the best surf in Central America, within the gates of one of the top resorts in the area. The community is family-friendly, and the opportunities for surfing and being outdoors are about as good as it gets. We are surrounded by 2,700 acres of tropical dry forest, with over 21 km of trails and access to 5 private beaches; it is indeed a very special place to live and work. Those that value a small-town feel, and closeness to nature and the ocean, will love living here. Located only 2 hours from the capital city of Managua, and 45 minutes from the regional seat of Rivas, the “big city” amenities are not far away.
We can confidently say ESA is very special. You often find good schools in big cities, but to find one in a rural community like this is very unique. Our little school aims to provide a solid private school education experience to school-aged children in our community. As a growing school, ESA offers ample opportunity for leadership and professional growth and welcomes applicants willing to take on the many “hats” we wear in small growing international schools.
We currently serve grades Kindergarten - 9th this school year and have curriculum programs in place to serve Kindergarten - 12th grades. We operate multi-level classrooms in both our Lower and Upper School. We maintain small class sizes for more individualized instruction and we limit enrollment space in order to do that. We use a variety of online and in-print curricula designed for specific grade levels and multi-age classrooms. We are seeking teachers that are committed to engaging students in interactive learning activities by using a more hands-on approach. Our teachers understand that there is no “one size fits all” program and are dedicated to differentiating the curriculum to fit the individual needs of the child.
Escuela Santa Ana was established on the grounds of Rancho Santana in 2010 to provide a schooling option for children living in the Ranch. The school has since opened its doors to families in the surrounding communities who share the common goal of desiring a high level international education to their children in a private school setting. The school has grown to include a Lower and Upper School currently serving a range of ages from 5 to 14. Our programs are designed to support students Kindergarten - 12th grades as we continue to grow.
We pride ourselves on being a multilingual school offering a high level, internationally accredited education to students beginning with Kindergarten. Like the small one-room school houses of the past, ESA operates with multi-age classrooms while maintaining small class sizes to offer low student-to-teacher ratios for individualized support. Students at Escuela Santa Ana follow a customized learning program using our multifaceted curricula. We use a combination of online, in print, hands-on, experience based curricula. Being so small allows us to provide a truly responsive schooling experience where teachers serve as guides for student centered learning.
Students participate in enrichment courses 5 days a week that support our integrated studies on healthy mind & body, environmental stewardship, and reading. Throughout the year students take courses in art, music, dance, karate, theater, yoga, culture, community collaboration, environmental stewardship, cooking, handcrafts, mountain biking, PE and more. There is a high value placed on developing the whole child by allowing them to try new things, learn social-emotional skills and hone practical life skills.