Lead for Teaching, Learning and Wellbeing
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Education, Elementary Education
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Master’s degree (preferred)
- Teaching certification/license
- 5+ years of teaching experience
- Comprehensive literacy experience and understanding of the five core elements of such a program (phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension)
- Experience with flexible grouping and guided reading
- Experience with play-based, inquiry-based, project-based learning, or equivalent
- Experience leading teams
- Coaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of American Common Core or equivalent standards
- Knowledge of external assessments such as NWEA MAP, CAT4, etc.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written form
- Educational leader and outstanding teacher
- Highly effective relationship management with a variety of stakeholders
- Annual flight allowance for self, spouse and two dependents
- Excellent housing allowance and relocation allowance
- Private medical insurance for self, spouse, and two dependants
- Discounted tuition fees for two dependants (100%)
- Other corporate benefits
- Support and stability of one of the Middle East's most established and successful education groups
Due to expansion, Dubai Schools is seeking to recruit a Lead for Teaching, Learning and Wellbeing (LTLW) from August 2022. The postholder will be an experienced teacher and aspirational leader, with prior experience as a Grade Level Leader, Head of Department, instructional coach etc.
The Dubai Schools Mission is to be a Beacon of Academic Excellence. Combining an inquisitive teaching approach and future-focused skillset delivery, we work hand-in-hand with the community to nurture students to become independent and empathetic learners. We offer an American education that will be guided by Arabic principles and Islamic values which will foster future-ready graduates, driven by pride and tolerance. The main objective of the Dubai Schools Al Barsha & Mirdif Projects is to create a mutually beneficial partnership between the government and the private sector that ensures Dubai’s aspiration to have 100% of Emirati Students enrolled in 'Good+' rated schools.
The LTLW is a leader in teaching, learning and wellbeing. The LTLW coaches GLLs and teachers to become increasingly effective in their teaching and leadership practice.The LTLW is a leader in teaching, learning and wellbeing. The LTLW coaches GLLs and teachers to become increasingly effective in their teaching and leadership practice.
The LTLW is known for:
- Leading by example in all areas of school life and being a powerful role model for colleagues, as an outstanding practitioner
- Developing and managing strategies to enhance student performance in conjunction with LTLW and GLLs
- Contributing to the professional learning of colleagues through coaching, modeling and sharing best practice.
- Fostering a culture of trust where each team member is open about their strengths and areas of growth
- Playing a key role in organization orientation, onboarding, and induction of new teachers.
- Supporting the implementation of innovative ideas into units and lessons
- Understanding school policies and systems
- Following and reinforcing school policy and procedures
- Organizing team meetings and relaying key information from and to the SLT
- Suggesting and monitoring the effective use of resources
- Identifying strategies to ensure the wellbeing of students is a priority.
- Proactively engaging in supporting a Multi-Tiered Support System (MTSS).
- Understanding and modeling expected practices as aligned to the KHDA Framework.
- Supporting appraisal of teachers in line with performance management requirements.
- Collaborating with SEN department to support whole school inclusion
- Collaborative team player, inspirational speaker, empathetic listener, integrity and strategic thinker
- Internationally minded, emotionally intelligent, interculturally aware, creative, and persuasive
- Flexible and capable of managing growth and instilling high standards
- Adept in multilingual settings, spirited, pioneering, professional, and nurturing.
What We Offer
We are committed to developing our staff and running regular professional development workshops to ensure our senior leaders are equipped to provide students with the best possible educational experience. The successful applicant will receive an attractive tax-free salary, medical insurance, free child places within selected schools, and an annual flight allowance along with great corporate discounts with many service providers in the UAE. Most importantly they will have a unique and rewarding opportunity to join a hybrid school model, that is the first of its kind in Dubai, serving the local communities to provide high-quality teaching and learning.
As a Taaleem leader, you will join one of the largest, most-respected education providers in the United Arab Emirates. Taaleem (which means ‘education’ in Arabic) was established in 2004 and we recruit the very best teachers who can deliver our international curricula in a creative, collaborative, and highly engaging manner. Taaleem is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents.
We recruit the very best international teachers and leaders who can deliver our international curricula in a creative, collaborative and highly engaging manner. Taaleem is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents.
Everybody remembers an inspiring teacher because of the material difference he or she makes to us as individuals, stretching our potential and encouraging us to make the most of our strengths. Empowerment is the upshot of inspirational teaching and it sees students increasingly aiming higher and aiming more.
Together, inspiration and empowerment can be the architects of our future successes. Having charted the link between inspiration, empowerment and success, creating an environment that inspires children is the driving force behind Taaleem.
The Dubai Schools Mission is to be a Beacon of Academic Excellence. Combining an inquisitive teaching approach and future-focused skillset delivery, we work hand-in-hand with the community to nurture students to become independent and empathetic learners.
The vision for Dubai Schools is to offer a first-class international education to students by being a beacon and exemplar of academic quality. The school uses the US curriculum, the New York Engage Standards, as the foundation of the educational program, balanced with a sharp focus on Arabic literacy, Islamic studies, and the cultural values of the UAE. Maintaining this balance is crucial and is likely to define successful leadership of a school that seeks to meld global mindedness with an appreciation of the UAE’s cultural heritage.
The main objective of the Dubai Schools Project is to create a mutually beneficial partnership between the government and the private sector that ensures Dubai’s aspiration to have 100% of Emirati Students enrolled in 'Good+' rated schools by 2026.