- All Levels
- University Graduate
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Educational Degree / English Literature
- in-depth knowledge of library policies, procedures, and practices
- knowledge of bibliographic management tools and technology
- knowledge of principles and practices of library materials acquisition
- knowledge of proper research methodology
- expertise in using online database services and virtual reference services
- proficient in standard office software applications
- knowledge of conservation and preservation techniques for library materials
- experience in budget development and management
Key Librarian Skills:
- data collection and analysis
- organizational and planning skills
- strong communication skills - written and verbal
- problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- collaborative skills
- adaptability and flexibility
- customer service orientation
- Health Insurance - Provided upon completing the probation period.
- Medical check + Document attestation Reimbursement.
- One round ticket allowance per year.
- Housing Allowance provided every month or School Accommodation with transportation to and from school.
Main Job Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- establish and implement library policies and procedures
- prepare and administer the budget for the library
- allocate funds and monitor expenditure
- determine and implement cost-effective and accurate methods for information retrieval
- develop, organize and maintain library collections to meet the demands of specific user groups
- coordinate print and electronic subscription requests
- select, order, and catalog relevant publications and multimedia
- carry out cataloging and classification of all library resources
- ensure a current and accurate inventory of library materials
- maintain records and prepare statistical and analytical reports
- assist users in the location of specific material and information
- guide users regarding internet resources
- train users in the discovery and management of information
- respond rapidly and reliably to information requests through the use of all appropriate resources
- conduct bibliographic searches to support user and organizational information needs
- conduct in-depth research using both online and print resources
- produce abstracts and reports using the research data collected
- stay current with trends and developments by reviewing publications, attending professional events, and receiving training from vendors
- develop and maintain relationships with external bodies such as vendors and suppliers
- promote awareness of research resources, library services, and learning opportunities
- ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations including copyright in connection with the use of library materials and resources
At Iqraa American School, we have high expectations of what our children can achieve and strive to inspire all children to develop a love of learning through our creative curriculum, so they make good progress and attain their very best; becoming confident and successful individuals in our changing world.
There is no doubt that the achievement of our students is built upon the partnership between students, parents, and staff. Through the quality of the teaching and learning, the student support, and commitment to extra-curricular activities we create the building blocks of success.
The school prides itself on its innovative and rich curriculum. We place a strong emphasis on working with parents and the community, enabling all students to maximize their abilities, ambitions, and academic potential in everything they do.