Manager and Coordinator - Cambridge Assessment Curriculum
- University Graduate
- 4 years of teaching experience
- Cambridge Assessment Curriculum
- Teaching Credential/License
- Master's Degree in a related subject with PGCE or another teacher qualification.
- Pretty enough experience and knowledge of the Cambridge Assessment Curriculum
- Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
- Creating, implementing, and monitoring the Cambridge Assessment Curriculum
A cover letter and CV including details of two referees should be submitted.
What we offer
Jet International School is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. We educate over 800 students and managed schools and as we grow, so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders.
We offer an attractive remuneration package which includes medical cover, flights, furnished accommodation, and children's education allowance. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Jet International School is keen to hear from like-minded, forward-thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Jet International School reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to the high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Jet International School is committed to safeguarding children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.
Management of the team
- To work with and support the Assistant Principal in creating a culture of resilience and responsibility toward the students’ personal development
- To lead and manage a team of form tutors, monitoring, developing, and assessing their roles, and supporting their professional development
- To lead the development and monitoring of academy policies within the Year Group e.g. Homework, Behavior, Attendance
- To lead and manage Year Team meetings, distributing agendas and minutes as per academy policy
- To work with form tutors to deliver a pastoral program of topics within the year team; to monitor the teaching and learning and impact of the program
- To lead on areas of the Year Team, such as student leadership, etc., as discussed with the Assistant Principal
- To provide induction and training for any form of tutors new to the team
- To develop proactively your Year’s high standards of learning, attitude, uniform, attendance, well-being, punctuality, citizenship, and responsibility
- To oversee Parent Teacher Consultations for the Year Group provision to generate the highest attendance
- To take an active role in organizing Awards Assemblies for the Year group
- To attend Pastoral meetings
- To monitor and review throughout the year the academic progress of the Year group, and individual students; to support form tutors and heads of department in establishing intervention strategies
- To liaise with the Senior Leadership Team on matters of student progress – including academic, personal, and social well-being issues
- Monitor attendance and punctuality within your year team and take steps to improve both in line with academy targets
- To undertake Quality Assurance of the reporting processes used with the Year group
Student Guidance and Support
- To set a positive tone of high expectation in your cohort, encouraging increased involvement in the extra-curricular opportunities available, including the intervention sessions
- To develop further our partnership with parents in any way required
- To build relationships with parents and members of the community to bring them into the role of active partners in the quality of learning and development
- To promote community cohesion within the year group and the wider community
- To promote Student Voice within your year team
- To lead year assemblies and develop models of assembly within the year team
- To be vigilant about safeguarding and child protection issues, and lead good practice within the team
- Organise detentions and meetings with parents/careers as required. Support learning mentors and teachers in behavior management
- To lead and manage all aspects of the Year group
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skill
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- Implementing Primary, Lower Secondary, Upper Secondary, and AS levels of the Cambridge Assessment Curriculum
- A high level of professionalism and consideration for the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, age, and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
Jet International School was founded in 2019 and has two schools, one is Primary and another is Middle School. Currently, Jet International School is running educational services for over 740 children with 120 staff, and 80 teachers, 24 of whom are invited or foreign teachers who are specialized in Cambridge Assessment.
We have been implementing Cambridge Assessment in Primary and Middle school and NCC Curriculum in high school.
Jet International School is one of the branch companies of Jet Track Education Service Group. This group has five companies, which are Jet International School, Jet Temuulel School, IELTS Authorized Agency, SAT Authorized Agency, and Jet School of English - English Centre.