- Middle School, High School
- University Graduate, Licensed Teacher
- 0 year of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- United States (USA), United Kingdom (UK), Canada, South Africa, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand
- Sette in allowance
- Shipping allowance
- Medical insurance
- transportation to / from school
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create an environment of respect and rapport, engaging students actively in their own learning.
- Communicate clearly and positively, showing flexibility and responsiveness
- Address the needs of students with different levels and abilities
- Use prescribed curriculum framework with curricular standards
- Use a range and balance of teaching strategies
- Utilize developmentally appropriate instructional strategies
- Use a variety of resources for pursuing open-ended inquiry
- Recognize the importance of cultural heritage
- Maintain constant awareness of the needs of second language learners
- Provide prompt, regular and appropriate feedback to students/parents by maintaining accurate records for each student
- Use technology to optimize learning
- Plan collaboratively, based on agreed curriculum framework, standards, and instructional goals.
- Create learning units with the end of mind (backward design)
- Involve students in planning their own learning and assessment
- Build upon student prior knowledge and experience and accommodate a wide range of ability levels
- Use varied and appropriate resources
- Maintain accurate records including lesson plans and grade books
- View planning, teaching and assessing as interconnected processes
- Use a range and balance of assessment strategies and documentation
- Assess the levels of student’s current experience and understanding before embarking on new learning
- Enable students to see assessment as a means of describing their learning and involving students and colleagues in the assessment process
- Involve students in shared reflection during and at the end of each unit
- Ensure students fully understand how their grades are determined
- Maintain records of regular parental contact
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that the results of assessment provide a link to further curriculum development
STUDENT CARE AND SUPPORT
- Provide a safe environment for the student at all times, in and out of the classroom
- Efficiently carry out supervision responsibilities
- Support the moral, social and emotional development of each child
- Ensure calm and sensible behavior at all times through the application of fair and consistent policies
- Demonstrate positive attitudes of tolerance, respect and integrity by example
- Celebrating multicultural and national identities in our community
- Gain insight in students through communication and partnership with families and colleagues
PROFESSIONAL APPRAISAL AND STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Seek and participate in opportunities for professional growth
- Support the emphasis on ongoing professional learning to further develop knowledge of pedagogy and teaching practice
- Perform additional duties required by the administration that are consistent with the purposes and responsibilities contained in this job description.
- Actively work and support the MKS growth process.
The Modern Knowledge Schools, founded by Ms. Parween Kazerooni in 1995, is a privately owned K-12 American school located in the Juffair area of Bahrain.
The curriculum is American and all instruction is in English except the required Arabic Language, Islamic Religion, and Arabic Social Studies. In addition to the American curriculum, the school is authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program for students in Grades 11 and 12.
There are four separate schools with a population of over 2400 students, 72% host country nationals and the remainder international. Our curriculum is delivered by an enthusiastic, forward-thinking, and energetic faculty to multicultural instructional groups.
As an American curriculum school, MKS is committed to hiring experienced and certified staff members from the U.S. and Canada to teach the core subjects of Math, English, Science, and Social Studies. However, we are also committed to a strong Arabic studies curriculum that is taught by experienced Arab teachers.
Our mission and philosophy are to provide the best education possible to all of our students, and we are proud that our student population includes students from a variety of countries and nationalities.
Although we have achieved much, we have much more to achieve. We intend to continue building and improving our school and staff for years to come. Again, we welcome you and thank you for visiting our website, and we invite you to visit Modern Knowledge Schools.