- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- Bachelors of Education in Mathematics
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Bachelor's of Education in Mathematics with two years of proven experience as a Mathematics Teacher or;
- Bachelor's of Mathematics plus teaching qualification with 2 years proven experience as a Mathematics Teacher or;
- Bachelor's of Mathematics with 6 years of proven experience as a Mathematics teacher
- Non-Native English Speakers must provide an IELTS result of 6.0 or higher
- Annual Airfare Allowance
- Housing Allowance Provided
- Paid Annual Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Tuition fees discount
- Support, uphold and articulate the mission and vision of Al Shomoukh International School.
- Support and adhere to the code of conduct, policies, and procedures of Al Shomoukh International School.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Contribute to educating students according to their educational needs and attainment potential.
- Apply and follow up on approved disciplinary interventions.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Organize the classroom displays and learning resources.
- Plan and implement lessons following the prescribed curriculum.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in one or more subjects such as English, mathematics, or social studies (Based on the teacher’s assigned subjects).
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Incorporate varied and differentiated teaching. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Assess, evaluate and assign appropriate work for students.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students' progress.
- Invigilate examinations and adhere to examination rules.
- Prepare cover work for other staff in case of absence.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of secondary school programs.
- Maintain effective communication with all stakeholders including parents, students, colleagues, and Heads of the Department.
- Participate in school assemblies, staff groups, or other meetings.
- Contribute to Individual Education Plan conferences and reviews of officially identified students.
- Ensure a contact book is updated daily in appropriate cases.
- Collaborate with parents, the Special Educational Needs Coordinator, and others supporting the students.
- Contribute to developing and implementing the Individual Education Plan or Individual Behavioral Plan of identified students.
- Participate in continuing professional development and assessment of needs.
- Enhance high standards of professional practice through peer review and observation.
- Provide extra-curricular activity once per week after-school. Provide opportunities for education outside the classroom.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records; class attendance and student progress.
- Engage in personal and professional development to ensure a thorough knowledge of all aspects relating to the field of education.
- Uphold professional integrity at all times, discretion, confidentiality, loyalty, and trust while performing all duties.
- Display a high level of professional competence in all areas of responsibility.
- Attend school-sponsored activities. Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parental involvement.
- Sponsor extracurricular activities such as clubs, student organizations, and academic contests.
- Co-ordinate with the Head of Supervision & Activities to plan students’ trips.
- Perform administrative duties such as assisting in school libraries, hall and cafeteria monitoring, and bus loading and unloading.
- Establish expectations for students, staff and parents.
- Aim toward achieving and maintaining an excellent rating from the Ministry of Education and other relevant authorities while making positive use of data available from the management information system.
- Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to the school, students, and families.
- Communicate with parents via the parent portal regularly and you must respond to parents’ messages within 24 hours or less.
- Ensure to upload students' daily and weekly assessment results onto campus before the end of the week.
- Required to attend duties assigned by the Head of Supervision and Activities.
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a KG to Grade 12 international school in Muscat, the capital city of the Sultanate of Oman, Established by Global Education Services (GES).
A relatively new school that has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate communities. Both will be rewarded with an educational experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.
The school offers the National English Curriculum. At senior levels, i.e. Year 10 on, the school will offer and prepare students for UK and US examinations including IGCSE, A level, and SATs. The school will ensure that all local Omani curriculum requirements are met to obtain an Omani Graduation Certification. At our school, all can achieve.
Find teaching jobs in Oman, ranging from private international schools to language schools throughout the country. There is a definitive focus on teaching in Oman because it is one of the fastest-growing countries in the Middle East. Explore an engaging culture while earning a competitive, tax-free salary and notable benefits.