Middle School Counselor
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Master's Degree: Official transcripts documenting a master's degree
- Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card
- Verification of experience
- Current Counselor certification with appropriate endorsements as set by the Arizona Department of Education
- Positive recommendations from past employers and/or training institutions
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate
- Salary: $37,500.00 to $46,500.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement plan
Bullhead City Elementary School District is seeking a highly qualified Middle School Counselor at Bullhead City Middle School.
The Bullhead City Elementary School District was founded in 1948, with the building of a one room, “Little Red School House.” The district now includes six schools, four elementary and two junior high schools. Our modern facilities serve nearly 4,000 students, kindergarten through eighth grades. Our basic geographic service area is the City of Bullhead Arizona and our land mass area is approximately 115 square miles.
It is the goal of the Bullhead City Elementary School District to provide quality services that meet the individual needs of its student population. Principals, teachers and counselors work collaboratively with parents and students to establish procedures that enhance learning and contribute to a positive school climate. Our district’s well-trained staff provides an array of services through traditional means, special services and alternative programs.
This position requires certification by the Arizona Department of Education.
Position Open for the 2021-2022 School Year
Reports to: Principal
- Provide counseling services for the school community in trauma-informed environment. Services provided include, but are not limited to:
- Providing counseling to students who have disciplinary problems
- Providing counseling to students with excessive absenteeism
- Provide short-term individual and small group counseling services to students
- Consult with teachers to schedule and present lessons to classrooms based on developmental needs and needs identified through data
- Consulting with teachers about building classroom relationships, effective classroom management, and the role of noncognitive factors in student success
- Advocating for students at IEP meetings, 504 meetings, and student intervention team meetings
- Analyze schoolwide and school counseling program data
Job type: Full-time, flex schedule 4-5 days a week
The Bullhead City Elementary School District was founded in 1947, with the building of a one room, "Little Red School House." The district now includes six schools, one pre-school, three elementary, one middle school and one junior high school. Our modern facilities serve approximately 3,000 students, pre-kindergarten through eighth grades.