Middle School English Language Arts Teacher
- Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Secondary School English Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Clear record of successfully teaching the subject and level.
- Clean and verifiable police record.
- Have excellent English verbal and written skills.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in the teaching or academic area of this vacancy.
- Possess a current government-issued teaching license.
- International teaching experience preferred.
- At least two years of classroom teaching experience in a secondary (middle or high) school.
- These requirements are in addition to any other Teach Away profile requirement, references, etc.
PDF FORMAT ONLY: Applicants must upload the ALL of the following to TA to be considered
- A 1-2 page cover letter specifically styled for this vacancy, discussing your interest in this role, your qualifications and experience for this role, your philosophy of education, and your passion for teaching this subject. You should discuss how you have supported all students, including those with special needs and those with developing English language skills. You should also address your interest in ASU specifically and why you would like to live in Mongolia in general.
- Your most recent CV with all updated information necessary for review.
- Three or more supervisor references (including your most recent job) with email & telephone contact information.
- Teaching license/certificate (specific to this subject) issued from your state/country government. agency/ministry of education. TESOL, TOEFL, etc. certificates do not qualify.
- University diplomas.
- University transcripts.
- Most recent police clearance/criminal background check (issued within the past 3 years; a current one will be required before hiring).
- Verifiable government-issued non-criminal record check from home country and previous countries where they have worked (FBI, Interpol, or other national authority).
Due to the large number of applications submitted, only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Airfare provided
- Housing provided
- Other benefits as listed on the school profile page
- ASU offers a competitive salary and benefits package, based on qualifications and experience:
- International health insurance
- Mongolian visa and work permit
- Free tuition for applicable candidates who come with dependents
- Shipping allowance
- Settling-in advance payment
Secondary School English Language Arts, American Curriculum. Experienced, fully credentialed teachers will enjoy a low cost of living and numerous benefits in a country filled with history and opportunities for discovering one of the "best-kept secrets" in international education.
The middle school position will include English composition, language usage, comprehension, and conventions.
Highly qualified educators are encouraged to submit a CV immediately.
The American School of Ulaanbaatar (ASU) is an international school founded in 2006. We are a private school with internationally recognized accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Our student population is about 85% Mongolian, with the remainder composed of students from more than 20 different countries.
School location: Zaisan Area, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
The year that ASU was founded: 2006
Number of students enrolled that first year: 160
Enrollment for 2022-2023: 750
Managing Director of the school: Ms. Oyunsuren Dugarjav
Elementary School Principal: Ms. Joanne Effa
Secondary School Principal: Mr. Tom Kaualoku
Full-time faculty: 110
Teaching assistants: 13
Sports Team Name: Wolves
To be a community that encourages academic, physical, and creative development, fosters a passion for learning, and inspires intellectual curiosity.
We empower our students to acquire and embrace knowledge, be intellectually reflective, be caring and ethical citizens, and lead a lifetime of meaningful work. ASU prepares students through rigorous, student-driven academic and co-curricular programs to succeed in English-speaking colleges and universities and to contribute to a rapidly changing global society.