Middle School Maths and Science Teacher
- Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- Associate/2-year Diploma
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
We are looking for teachers with sound knowledge of their subjects, engaging, motivating, constantly learning and caring who are:
- Fluent English speakers
- Good command of other languages (Spanish, French, Chinese) is an asset
- Experience working in a multilingual and multi curricular setting is an asset
- Teaching Experience required (2 years minimum)
- Passionate about education
- Only kind, caring, collaborative teachers need apply
- Salary and Benefits include but is not limited to:
- PLN 50 000 per year after taxes.
- Housing provided by school
- Tuition waiver for age-appropriate children
- Inbound and outbound transportation allowance at the beginning and at the end of the contract
- Public and partly private health care
- Yearly professional development
- Retirement Plan
- Support in visa/resident card process from A to Z
- Meals at the school canteen
The International Trilingual School of Warsaw, Poland is currently recruiting for an upper primary/middle school maths and science teacher for Mid August 2022:
The main role of the Teacher is to:
- teach maths and science to grade 6 to grade 8 students,
- have an extensive understanding of mathematics including the knowledge of geometry, statistics, algebra, arithmetic and calculus
- have an extensive understanding of science including elements of biology, physics and chemistry
- act as facilitator, allowing the students to offer suggestions and solve problems differently on their own
- offer flexible programs that identify with the students’ source of motivation
- assume personal and social responsibilities and meet performance obligations as individuals as in groups
- maintain communication with the parents of the assigned grades,
- cooperate with the group of teachers of the assigned grades teaching other subjects in Polish, French /Spanish or Chinese
- Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression.
- Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
- Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line of our curriculum.
- Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment.
- Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
- Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
- Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
- Preparing 8th Grade students to the IGCSE exams
Communication with the parents:
- Maintain an up-to-date communication aiming to engage parents in their child’s life and cooperate with them on the development of crucial life educational skills
Wider professional roles:
- Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
- Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning.
- Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
- Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently.
- Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
The International Trilingual School of Warsaw currently has 5 campuses, authorised to deliver an international curriculum to students from as young as 1 year old up to the eight grade. The curriculum fosters the values of internationalism and mutual understanding.
To apply please include the following documents in your Teach Away profile:
- Resume with headshot photo
- Professional reference contact information (including current principal)
- Educational Philosophy (Not more than 2 pages)
- Passport photo page scan
- On campus
Application Deadline:June 2022
ITSW reserves the right to make an appointment at any time, even before the deadline mentioned if an exceptional candidate is identified early in the process. For this reason, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time.
The cost of living is still very low in Poland compared to other European countries. Therefore, good quality of life and high savings potential is possible.
The International Trilingual School of Warsaw (ITSW), was created in response to an ever-growing need in Warsaw for private, international education and a specific demand for bilingual and trilingual programs. ITSW is the only school in the area to offer a curriculum in 3 different languages.Depending on the age of the students and the campus we offer instruction in three main language combinations:
-English, Polish and French
-English, Polish and Spanish
-English, Polish and Mandarin
-English, Polish, Japanese
Students attending The International Trilingual School of Warsaw, are emerged in 3 languages. This means they learn subject matter in 3 different languages, essentially as native speakers. This opens doors for them beyond anybody’s imagination. A student graduation from The International Trilingual School of Warsaw, can continue his/her studies in any system, in any country because, our curriculum is based on 5 different educational systems.
The American Curriculum, the Finnish Curriculum, the British Curriculum, the Polish Curriculum, the French Curriculum and the International Baccalaureate Curriculum.
We took the best from each of these curricula, and professionally created a curriculum that makes all other schools envious. It is a rigorous and demanding curriculum that challenges students to rise above the rest and become the best version of themselves they can be.
In the nursery and preschool curriculum is proportionally taught in three languages but following common standards. In the primary school some subjects are taught trilingually and some bilingually.
All of our teaching and classroom support staff are qualified, experienced and hold a recognized university degree in their chosen field as well as an appropriate teaching qualification. Most have previously taught in the international education system and all are involved in regular professional development. Thanks to our low student to teacher ratio, ITSW teachers are able to adapt their methods and teaching styles to suit the needs of individual pupils. They also maintain incentive schemes to ensure that students of all ages remain highly motivated in both their academic work and other activities.