- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher
- 0 year of teaching experience
- Music, Elementary Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor's Degree: Official transcripts documenting a bachelor's or more advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Arizona Department of Education certification with appropriate approved areas and or endorsements
- Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card
- Verification of teaching experience (if applicable)
- Current Music Teacher certification as set by the Arizona Department of Education
- Positive recommendations from past employers and/or training institutions
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate
- Salary: $37,500.00 to $46,500.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement plan
Bullhead City Elementary School District is seeking a highly qualified Music Teacher at Sunrise Elementary School. We are seeking teachers who are excited to create an inspiring and nurturing classroom environment that prioritizes student learning and engagement.
The Bullhead City Elementary School District was founded in 1948, with the building of a one room, “Little Red School House.” The district now includes six schools, four elementary and two junior high schools. Our modern facilities serve nearly 4,000 students, kindergarten through eighth grades. Our basic geographic service area is the City of Bullhead Arizona and our land mass area is approximately 115 square miles.
It is the goal of the Bullhead City Elementary School District to provide quality services that meet the individual needs of its student population. Principals and teachers work collaboratively with parents and students to establish procedures that enhance learning and contribute to a positive school climate. Our district’s well-trained staff provides an array of services through traditional means, special services and alternative programs.
This position requires certification by the Arizona Department of Education.
Position Open for the 2021-2022 School Year
Reports to: Principal
Supervises: Teacher’s Aides and Volunteers as assigned.
Job Goal: To help students learn subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible adults. To lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth.
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the student.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Diagnoses the learning abilities and/or problems of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Assists administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aides and/or volunteers and cooperatively evaluates their job performance with department heads.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends departmental meetings and serves on departmental committees as required.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and Board policy.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Principal.
Terms of Employment: A maximum of 189 working days per school year. Salary and workdays to be established by the Board approved schedules.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Certified Personnel.
Job type: Full-time, flex schedule 4-5 days a week
The Bullhead City Elementary School District was founded in 1947, with the building of a one room, "Little Red School House." The district now includes six schools, one pre-school, three elementary, one middle school and one junior high school. Our modern facilities serve approximately 3,000 students, pre-kindergarten through eighth grades.