- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- US Passport Holder (valid 6 months or greater)
- 2 or more years of certified teaching experience in the United States for the position you are applying for.
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher
- Current Resume
- 3 Current References to supply if offered a position: one from a direct, current supervisor (Principal, Assistant/Association Principal, Superintendent/Head of School)
- Experience Certificate (if 2 years or more completed at a school in the UAE)
- Preference is given to those who currently reside in Dubai or UAE
- COVID Vaccination (proof) or willingness to get vaccinated upon arrival.
- Tax-free salary paid on a scale linked to teaching experience up to 13,000 AED per month
- End-of-service gratuity
- Housing allowance
- Joining and departure economy class flights to/from Dubai to the home of record for self
- Annual flights from to home of record [Economy class] for self, taken once during annual leave
- UAE-medical insurance for self
- 2,000 AED settling-in allowance
- 2-year renewable contract with an option for renewal
- Visa processing costs (excluding document certification) for self
- Excellent career and leadership prospects
Ignite School recruits motivated, dynamic, qualified, and experienced international faculty who are best able to engage our students in creative and innovative learning. The staff of Ignite School is supported by a peer-led professional learning community shaped by reflective practice and collaboration.
Ignite School shapes creative and innovative “21st-century citizens of the world” through a sustainability-focused, student-centered learning environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to instill exemplary character and life-long learning skills in our students through inclusive school life programs and extracurricular activities that empower and challenge the realization of potential in each of our individual learners. Every Ignite School student feels welcome, accepted, safe, valued, and happy. Host-country national students feel they have the potential to make a valuable social, cultural and economic contribution to the well-being of their local community and their country.
The American curriculum is rigorous, relevant, and service-oriented with a curriculum design that adheres to international best practices. Our inquiry-based learning model provides a platform for the development of creative processes that weave together sustainable development, science, mathematics, [coding and design] technology, analysis, logic, debate, and innovation. Our holistic approach to learning encourages the physical, social, intellectual and emotional development of our students through real-world experiences as well as inside our high-quality learning facilities. With the aid of learning technology, students develop the 21st-century citizenship skills of critical thinking, complex problem solving, collaboration, cognitive flexibility, emotional intelligence, and creativity.
Interviews are conducted through Skype/ Google Meet.
Ignite School offers a KG1 to Grade 12, American education experience leading to a High School Diploma for Emirati and expatriate students. The Ignite School curriculum aligns to the New York State Learning Standards, which includes the New York State P-12 Common Core Learning Standards (moving to NYS Next Generation Standards) as well as KHDA guidelines.
Ignite School commenced classes in September 2018 and now has more than 1400 students enrolled for KG1 to Grade 9. We anticipate opening Grades 10 and 11 in 2024/25 followed by Grade 12 in 2025/26 with a capacity for 2,000 Emirati and expatriate students. High School will offer Advanced Placement tracks. We have just achieved NEASC candidacy status and expect full accreditation in 2023/24.
When you join the Ignite School Community in Dubai and you will have the unique opportunity to shape school culture, develop and promote best teaching practices and experience living in the UAE.
Our vision is for all young people to experience that learning has lasting value beyond their life at school.
Our mission is to know the need of every student, collaboratively creating a student-centered, sustainable 21st-century learning environment that fosters leadership, social cohesion, creativity, responsibility, and ambition providing a catalyst for abilities of lasting relevance to emerging.
Learning at Ignite is a student-centered and engaging process of acquiring new knowledge and skills. This empowers our students to be responsible and respectful global citizens, preserving Emirati and global cultural values. Ignite students will be our future leaders and life-long learners who will be resilient, creative, inquisitive, and collaborative forces within their communities.
The “Core Values” that best express what we strive to impart to our students are Collaborative, Respectful, Responsible, Creative, and Leadership.
Come join our team!