MYP Design & MYP Language and Literature Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Design-related, English language and literature
- Teaching Credential/License
- At least 3 years’ experience in the classroom at the school level (primary or secondary) relevant to the position applied for preferably in an IB, multicultural, or international context (preferred)
- Experience in inquiry-based curriculum (preferred)
- Willingness to work for at least 3 years at EIS (preferred)
Teaching MYP Design and MYP Language and Literature classes for grades 6-12.
A very warm welcome from Abroad International School. We provide an English-based comprehensive education that follows the IB (International Baccalaureate) and the UK National curriculum. We maintain a low student to teacher ratio allowing for a strong student-teacher relationship and a variety of extra-curricular activities. At the Primary School, we aim to make children confident and independent learners. We provide many opportunities for students to demonstrate what they have learned. Learning at AIS is generally inquiry-based, where students are encouraged to identify pertinent questions and construct well-informed answers. Early Learning Centre (ELC) is for children of ages one through five. We recognize all children are entitled to the best start in life and support to achieve their potential. A child’s experience has a vital impact on his/her future life chances, so we do our best to provide them with a safe, happy and secure learning environment.
Our mission is to develop confident lifelong learners who are;
respectful of all cultures.
Through balanced reflection, and risk-taking, our learners will be able to communicate, develop knowledge and pass on positive principles for the benefit of both themselves and others.
Teaching in Japan continues to be one of the most popular options for English teachers as well as licensed classroom teachers. One of the world's most technologically advanced countries, Japan also maintains a culture of old-world tradition and appreciation for beauty.