Nursery Lead Teacher
- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher
- Associate/2-year Diploma
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Early Years Education, Foundation Phase, Child Development Sciences
- Teaching Credential/License
- Experienced with early years education
- Aware of the Reggio Emilia Philosophy
- 50% discount on tuition fees for two children
- Paid Annual leave
- Standard Health Insurance
- Annual airfare Allowance
- Housing allowance provided
- Make every student feel safe and welcome in your classroom.
- Be a role model for students in terms of positive attitude, kindness, and respect towards others.
- Create a clean and inviting classroom environment which fosters imagination and self-esteem through the presentation of student work.
- Liaise with your teaching assistant to ensure maximum efficiency in the classroom and that each child is receiving the support he or she needs.
- Instruct children on personal hygiene practices and self-care.
- Encourage cooperative social behaviour through games and activities.
- Utilize games, music, books, art, technology and other resources to teach basic skills and foster student development.
- Observe, evaluate and record children’s social and academic progress.
- Clearly communicate your needs and expectations to your teaching assistant.
- Implements the Reggio Emilia approach inside the classroom through thoroughly planned out curriculum and lesson planning
- Research and apply visual aids and resources relevant to the Theme
- Makes imaginative use of resources and reduces the usage of ready-made items
- Sends weekly lesson plans to the line manager by Wednesday evening.
- Manages the Assistant Teacher and service staff: schedules diaper changes, team break times and delegates responsibilities and tasks
- Schedules in-class rotations and activities as per set up interest-corners, including quiet-time: grouping children and maintaining simultaneous activities
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Creates and maintains a secure environment for learning by active interaction and support.
- Motivates and stimulates learning abilities
- Helps children in developing their social and language abilities; curiosity; physical coordination; mathematical and creative skills through stories, songs, games, drawing, and imaginative play.
- Observes, assesses, and reports each child’s progress throughout the term; fills out daily reports.
- Supervises health and safety; reports any change of wellbeing observed throughout the day
- Actively participates in hygiene; feedings; diaper changes when needed
- Welcomes and farewells children at the classroom door while keeping minimum interaction with parents.
- Organizes educational materials, resources, and students’ work in a decorative way.
- Keeps a detailed inventory of items and resources inside the classroom
- Reports any damage to furniture, toys, walls or any other nursery belongings.
- Is responsible for the appropriate use of the nursery materials
- Maintains team spirit within and outside the classroom Administration:
- Reports to the Educational Supervisor and/or Administration on any unusual incident involving a child, assistant or parent
- Fills out an Injury Report in case of an accident
- Reports for aftercare duty as per the set-up schedule
- Actively participates in Nursery events
- Attends developmental workshops
- Uphold the school code of conduct and all school policies, rules and procedures in a supportive and positive manner.
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis and you must respond back to parents’ messages within 24 hours.
- Ensure display boards are showcasing students' works and a new theme is implemented every 3-4 weeks.
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a KG to Grade 12 international school in Muscat, the capital city of the Sultanate of Oman, Established by Global Education Services (GES).
A realtively new school that has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with an education experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.
The school offers the National English Curriculum. At senior levels, i.e. Year 10 on, the school will offer and prepare students for UK and US examinations including IGCSE, A level, and SATs. The school will ensure that all local Omani curriculum requirements are met to obtain an Omani Graduation Certification. At our school all can achieve.