- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Early Years Education, foundation phase
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma LevelOther Certification
Years of experience must be proven through official letters issued by previous employers
- Health insurance
- 50% discount on the tuition fees for two children
- Housing allowance provided
- Annual airfare Allowance
The Lead teacher is responsible for the enhancement of a young learner’s interpersonal and academic skills. This is accomplished by delivering active and engaging lessons while using the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and the Reggio Emilia Approach. The Lead teacher will display an energetic, positive attitude which will create a warm and engaging atmosphere to advance students’ physical, mental, and social development. The Lead teacher will provide children with a positive and safe environment. The Lead teacher is a team player who will coordinate positively with teaching assistants, mangers, administrative staff and parents as the Lead teacher has the in the best interest of each child.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Make every student feel safe and welcome in your classroom.
- Be a role model for students in terms of positive attitude, kindness, and respect towards others.
- Create a clean and inviting classroom environment which fosters imagination and self-esteem through the presentation of student work.
- Liaise with your teaching assistant to ensure maximum efficiency in the classroom and that each child is receiving the support he or she needs.
- Instruct children on personal hygiene practices and self-care.
- Encourage cooperative social behavior through games and activities.
- Utilize games, music, books, art, technology and other resources to teach basic skills and foster student development.
- Observe, evaluate and record children’s social and academic progress.
- Clearly communicate your needs and expectations to your teaching assistant.
- Implements the Reggio Emilia approach inside the classroom through thoroughly planned out curriculum and lesson planning
- Research and apply visual aids and resources relevant to the Theme
- Makes imaginative use of resources and reduces the usage of ready-made items
- Sends weekly lesson plans to the administration by Saturday evening
- Manages the Assistant Teacher and service staff: schedules diaper changes, team break times and delegates responsibilities and tasks
- Schedules in-class rotations and activities as per set up interest-corners, including quiet-time: grouping children and maintaining simultaneous activities
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Creates and maintains a secure environment for learning by active interaction and support.
- Motivates and stimulates learning abilities
- Helps children in developing their social and language abilities; curiosity; physical coordination; mathematical and creative skills through stories, songs, games, drawing, and imaginative play.
- Observes, assesses, and reports each child’s progress throughout the term; fills out daily reports.
- Supervises health and safety; reports any change of wellbeing observed throughout the day
- Actively participates in hygiene; feedings; diaper changes when needed
- Welcomes and farewells children at the classroom door while keeping minimum interaction with parents.
- Organizes educational materials, resources, and students’ work in a decorative way.
- Keeps a detailed inventory of items and resources inside the classroom
- Reports any damage to furniture, toys, walls or any other nursery belongings.
- Is responsible for the appropriate use of the nursery materials
- Maintains team spirit within and outside the classroom Administration:
- Reports to the Educational Supervisor and/or Administration on any unusual incident involving a child, assistant or parent
- Fills out an Injury Report in case of an accident
- Reports for after care duty as per the set-up schedule
- Actively participates in Nursery events
- Attends developmental workshops
- Uphold the school code of conduct and all school policies, rules and procedures in a supportive and positive manner.
- Communicate with parents on a regularly basis and you must respond back to parents’ messages with 24 hours.
- Ensure display boards are showcasing students works and a new theme is implemented every 3-4 weeks.
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a new KG to Grade 12 global school in Muscat. Established by Global Education Services (GES) the school opened for the 2015/16 school year in Al Hail.
A new school has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with an education experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.
The school offers the National English Curriculum. At senior levels, i.e. Year 10 on, the school will offer and prepare students for UK and US examinations including IGCSE, A level, and SATs. The school will ensure that all local Omani curriculum requirements are met to obtain an Omani Graduation Certification. At our school all can achieve.
Teach Away offers teaching jobs in Oman, ranging from private international schools to language schools throughout the country. There is a definitive focus on teaching English in Oman because it is one of the fastest-growing countries in the Middle East. Explore an engaging culture while earning a competitive, tax-free salary and notable benefits.