Online Business English Teacher - Part Time
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- Bachelor’s degree
- Native English speaker
- Previous experience teaching Business English in a corporate environment
- TESOL/TEFL certification
- Infrastructure to work from home using a desktop or laptop with fast Internet connection and high-quality audio/video
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 10-20 hours of availability per week
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, punctual and flexible
Not required, but advantageous:
- Previous experience working in a corporate environment
- Fluency in other languages (Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese)
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in teaching, English, or other related educational field
- $20 USD per hour with payment prorated for 30-minute sessions
- Learners ready to schedule 1-1 sessions with you
- Teaching materials provided by our in-house instructional designers
- Opportunity to grow within GlobalEnglish and take up more teaching positions
- Access to teach employees from top international companies
- A supportive team of administrators and customer support managers to help with any inquiries
- Flexibility to choose your own teaching schedule and work from home (or any quiet space)
- A referral bonus for every hired candidate referred by you
- Opportunity to grow your skills by enrolling in certification programs once provided by
- Opportunity to participate and have an impact on the future of education technology
What we provide:
- On-boarding to learn how to use the platform
- Automatic payments to your bank account
- Opportunity to receive additional compensation for other teaching projects
- A contract renewal bonus
GlobalEnglish offers the most comprehensive tools in the market for engaging and encouraging people to become fluent in Business English.
Who we are:
A global technology company that helps clients realize the potential of diversity in the workforce and improve lives of global workers through the learning and application of Business English communication skills.
What we do:
Deliver products and solutions that remove language and cultural barriers to give every global worker the ability to contribute and thrive in the connected-21st century.
Why we do it:
Success should be driven by ability and ambition, not bias or birthright. English has become the language of global business. Our purpose is to give a voice to global talent.
GlobalEnglish is looking for a native-English Teacher to teach Business English to working adults via one-on-one online lessons. All online lessons will be either 30 or 60 minutes and will have a strong focus on business skills (negotiations, business presentations, etc). GlobalEnglish will provide lesson content and will ensure you will have necessary access to GlobalEnglish for you to perform your teaching services.
Teachers have complete flexibility over their own schedule and can select their own availability as long as they are able to teach a minimum or 10-20 hours per week. Teachers will be matched with a learner based on their given availability. GlobalEnglish however, does not guarantee that the teacher will be selected for a particular teaching lesson.
Peak hours for teaching are between 4am-6am PST // 7am-9am EST and 1am-2am PST // 4am-5am EST. Accommodating these time zones is preferred and increases the chance of teaching more sessions.
GlobalEnglish delivers Business English learning solutions and productivity tools that help organizations attract, retain and develop the talent they need to thrive in the global economy.
Our solutions produce immediate productivity and performance across the organization. We blend the latest technology innovations with research on how adults effectively acquire language. Our comprehensive solution takes our customers from understanding their current situation by assessing talent against global benchmarks, to personalized learning that makes Business English relevant in day-to-day situations.
GlobalEnglish provides a comprehensive learning solution based on One platform. We deliver formal and informal Business English learning, instant on-the-job support for business tasks in English, enterprise collaboration, mobile productivity, adaptive Business English assessments, and the ability to measure usage and proficiency improvements across the company.
The economy demands Business English to keep commerce going. At GlobalEnglish we prepare the people who work in the global economy to effectively deliver value for their organizations.
We give a voice to global talent.