Online English Teachers
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate, ESL Instructor, Vocational/Technical Instructor
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Teaching experience of any kind including tutoring, coaching or mentoring (1 year)
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. or Canada
- A computer and headset
- A high-speed Internet connecton
- Comfy clothes (OK, the comfy clothes are optional)
- Compensation: $14-$22/hr plus the opportunity to earn more through bonuses and referrals
- Flexibility with no commute and no minimum hours
- Curriculum provided
- Opportunity to earn additonal rewards
- An amazing community of 40,000 teachers
- Ability to partcipate in local events and conferences
The VIPKid Teach English Online Opportunity
Looking for a flexible online teaching opportunity? What if we said you could wear yoga pants while doing it? We are seeking passionate educators to teach English online to over 300,000 students in China – with the flexibility to teach from anywhere and earn competitive pay of $14-$22/hour.
VIPKid is the leading global online K12 education leader and #1 Company for Remote Jobs by Forbes (as rated by FlexJobs). We’ve created a live, one-on-one online learning platform that matches motivated kids studying English in China with inspiring teachers like you. Also rated in Fast Company’s top 50 Most Innovative Company in the World we work with educational partners like ETS, TESOL and Natonal Geographic Learning to develop the best curriculum and cutting-edge platform.
Why Teach with VIPKid?
We develop the curriculum and our teachers work from wherever they want, set their own schedules, and take home competitive pay. Oh, and if you’re getting nervous that you don’t know any Chinese, don’t be. There’s no need to speak Chinese.
We also have a cutting-edge platform. Teachers love the fact that our classes are one-on-one. And they really, really love the fact that our highly interactive platform means:
- They can more easily engage their students (awesome)
- They have convenient access to our pre-made lesson plans (double awesome).
Did we mention we offer flexibility? That means you can work every day, only Tuesdays mornings, every other Friday, or whatever works for you.
Who We Are
VIPKid connects children in China with the world’s best teachers for real-time one-to-one online English immersion learning. Simply said, we allow teachers to change kids’ lives without uprooting their own. A global education company, our mission is to inspire and empower every child for the future. Founded in 2013 and formally launched in 2014 afer a year of pilotng and curriculum development, we have become China’s market-leading educaton startup, with offices in both China and the US.
What Inspires Us
Our founders worked as both educators and administrators for decades prior to founding VIPKid. We’ve taken those experiences – as well as our passion for motvating and engaging young learners - with us to our work at VIPKid. We aim to provide a truly global educaton – and with teachers and students all over the world, we're able to deliver exactly that. Our technology enables personalized learning and a connection between teachers and students across the world.
Our Philosophy (and Philanthropy)
One of our core beliefs is that every teacher, student and employee who works with VIPKid has a need to learn (and keep learning). And since there’s no one-size-fits-all for education, we’re constantly exploring ways to spark curiosity and create more opportunites to grow. As such we base our curriculum on a progressive pedagogy but we also put our ideals into action. In additon to our 300,000 paying students we support 300 low-income rural schools in China through our Rural Education Prooect. This program provides free English classes to students, helping improve even more lives.