Online ESL Teacher
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- ESL Instructor
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Native English Speaker
- Eligibility to legally work in the United States or Canada
Teaching experience preferred: This can include educators, professors, tutors, online tutors, teaching assistants, elementary teachers, substitute teachers, traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education.
While helpful, there's no requirement for a teaching certificate, state certification, TESOL, TEFL, or ESL experience. All classes and business are conducted in English.
Competitive Pay Rate
- Our hourly rate is $14-$25 USD, payment commensurate with the education background, teaching experience as well as interviews.
- We provide original and professionally developed lessons adapted from the Common Core State Standards in the United States and aligned with the teaching objectives in China
- Teachers can work from any location with computer and Internet access. The following tends to be the most requested time periods in Beijing time: Monday-Friday 6-10pm, and Saturday-Sunday 9am–10pm. You can choose your consistent availability within this time frame
- 6 months for each contract period
Who We Are
Gogokid creates a connection between children in China and the world by providing global learning experience. Our mission is to foster our students to learn the English language as a tool, not as a goal, and to become individuals with creative and critical thinking skills.
What We Are Looking For
We are seeking experienced and enthusiastic teachers who are passionate to provide exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for our students.
What You Will Do
- Teach 25-minute one-on-one fully immersive lessons
- Build a virtual class environment conducive to learning
- Lead students through successful online course completion
- Promote creativity and excitement in the virtual learning environment
- Prioritize student needs so that each child may reach their fullest potential
- Create strategies to engage and nurture student learning and student relationships
- Device: desktop, laptop, MAC
- Browser: Google Chrome
- Headset: Use a headset with a microphone, stable output, and input
- Camera: HD External camera or HD integrated camera