Online Middle School EAL Teacher
- Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 0 year of teaching experience
- EAL/ESL Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- $1,500 annual travel stipend
- $500 per month housing stipend during online teaching months; free housing on campus.
- The online EAL teacher works with students in grades 6, 7, and 8 in a pull-out program.
- We follow Common Core and are a US-accredited school.
- Due to current conditions in Myanmar, we expect to be online for at least part of next year. If we are able to return to campus at some time during the course of the year, teachers will be required to do so.
Ayeyarwaddy International School opened in 2012/13 with approximately 400 students from preschool to Grade 8. We currently have over 1,000 students. For the next school year (2021/22), we will have approximately 1,000+ students from preschool to Grade 12. We are fully accredited by WASC and members of EARCOS. We are a dynamic, fast-growing, and positive community. The teachers who do best here are the ones who devote themselves to their students, who commit to the mission of the school, and who go outside of the school to connect with the host culture.
Myanmar’s charm lies in exploring the largely unseen. Teachers seeking the spiritual and serene will find no shortage of historical sites, temples, and pagodas. Teach in Myanmar and blaze a trail rich with new discoveries.