- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Early Childhood Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Master of Education (MEd) degree with a focus in Early Childhood Education (preferably)
- 2 years of work experience with preschool children within the last four years (this experience must be verified by submitting an original letter from the employer on official letterhead).
- Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of children and community college students' diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, ethnicities, and abilities.
- Positive recommendations from past employers and/or training institutions.
- A current Adult, Child, Infant CPR, and Pediatric First Aid certifications (Preferably)
We will provide:
- A competitive salary.
- A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment.
- Opportunities for development as a teacher.
- Free tuition for faculty’s children.
We are seeking a highly competent, enthusiastic, energetic, and dynamic Preschool teacher (3,4,5 years old), to help students learn subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible adults. To lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the student.
- Communicates effectively and positively with children, families, students, and staff, including articulating the theoretical base of activities and curriculum.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students regularly and provides progress reports as required.
- Assists administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends meetings and serves on departmental committees as required.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the school’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records of conferences and evaluations.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Pre-School Principal.
- Background check required.
- Having an excellent command of English is an essential requirement for this position.
Aquinas American School
Aquinas American School is an American, catholic, co-ed, college-preparatory school founded in 2012 and located in a closed-gate community called Monte Alina, in the suburbs of Madrid, Spain. The school offers the American High School Diploma as well as the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, preparing students to further their education either in Spain or abroad. We currently have 680 students enrolled from 39 different nationalities.
At AAS we offer academic achievement, mastery of skills and moral citizenship:American education from PK-12 – Middle States Association Accreditation American credentialed teachers High School Diploma and International Baccalaureate Diploma Program© (only for grades 11 and 12) College counselling services SAT College Board Center NCAA Accredited Study Abroad Program Boarding Program Athletics, Arts & Clubs
Atlas American School of MÃ¡laga
An exciting new School. more information coming soon!
Experience the excitement of Madrid, the beauty of Barcelona, or the Islamic influences in Andalusia. Known for its relaxed lifestyle and friendly residents, Spain is a highly sought-after destination for many teachers who want to teach abroad in Europe.