Preschool 2 Homeroom Teacher
- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate
- Teaching Credential/License
- Degree in Preschool/Primary Education or another relevant subject and related experience.
- Experience teaching preschool-age students
- Genuine enjoyment of working with preschool students and ability to enable a wide range of students to reach their academic potential
- Ability to plan strategically, set and meet deadlines, and implement plans
- Capable of developing new educational programs
- Excellent interpersonal, team leadership, and membership skills
- Able to communicate well with students, staff, and parents and gain their confidence and respect
- A commitment to Professional Development
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience teaching the IB Primary Years Programme
- Additional language skills
- Prior teaching experience in an international environment
- a brief cover letter summarizing your suitability for the post and the reason for applying;
- your CV;
- a list of three referees with contact details.
Deadline for Applications
Interviews and appointments will be arranged as soon as appropriate applications are received. Early application is advised.
To be discussed during the interview.
Preschool 2 Homeroom Teacher (children age 3+)
Bishkek International School is a non-profit community school providing excellent international education in a safe, supportive and friendly environment. The school opened in September 2011 and now has 360 students from ages 2 to 18. Fifty percent of our students are international citizens living in Bishkek, children of employees of embassies, international organizations, and international businesses or NGOs. Fifty percent of students are Kyrgyz citizens. The school welcomes all students regardless of ability, gender, ethnicity, language, or religious belief, and everyone is encouraged to take part in all school activities. BIS is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Commission on International Education. As an IB World School, we offer the IB Diploma Programme, IB Middle Years Programme (MYP), and IB Primary Years Programme (PYP). We are also a Cambridge International School, with Cambridge Assessment International Education accreditation for the IGCSE program.
- Develop, deliver, and assess an education program based on the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students in the assigned grade and class group.
- Align classroom learning and teaching to the PYP approach.
- Create an engaging classroom environment that motivates students to learn and ensures all student expectations are high.
- Provide a positive learning environment for each student and inspire students to expand their understanding and enjoyment of the subjects taught.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the individual needs of each student to be socially and academically successful having regard to the abilities and aptitudes of individuals;
- Enhance lessons through incorporating technology into the teaching program and be creative in working with limited resources.
- Use a wide range of assessment methods to ensure student knowledge and understanding are appropriately recorded.
- Be an exemplary teacher, clearly demonstrating effective planning, teaching and organization, and high standards of achievement and behavior in lessons.
- Collaborate with other teachers to ensure a consistent approach to learning and achievement of standards for each group.
- Work with the PYP Coordinator to produce relevant planning documents and attend relevant Programme meetings.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children assigned to their care.
- Plan, keep, and report appropriate records to school management and parents;
- Maintain knowledge of current educational theory and practice and undertake professional training in liaison with the Head of Preschool and the PYP Coordinator.
- Organize and lead extra-curricular activities and student engagement to promote positive interactions among students of all ages and develop their academic, creative, and sporting potential.
- Act by the budgets, policies, procedures, directions, and decisions of the school management
- Act as an ambassador for the school and act in a manner that upholds the values and ethos of the school at all times
- Maintain high-quality standards in all areas of the school
- Any other activities as agreed with management to contribute to the overall development of the school.
The Preschool 2 Homeroom Teacher reports to the Head of Preschool and works closely with the PYP Coordinator
Preschool 2 Co-Teacher(s) report to the Preschool 2 Homeroom Teacher.
Timing & Duration
The position is available starting on 15 August 2022. This is a full-time long-term position with an initial contract of 12 months (subject to 3 months probation), which will be renewable by mutual consent.
We are a non-profit community school with 300 students from over 30 countries from age 2 to 18 years old. BIS is an IB World School, offering the IB Diploma Programme (DP) for students age 16–18, the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) for students age 11-13 and the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students age 3-10.
For students aged 14-16 we provide the accredited Cambridge IGCSE programme as a sound basis to enter the IB Diploma Programme. BIS is also accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Council for International Schools, providing international accreditation of our High School Diploma and by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic, to provide national school completion certificates following state examination.
The country is very welcoming, with an open and democratic approach following independence in 1991. The capital, Bishkek, is home to one million people in the foothills of the Tian-Shan mountains where the low cost of living, cultural freedom and easy access to skiing and hiking make it one of the most attractive cities to live in Central Asia. While being within central Bishkek, the actual school location is in a quiet residential area.