Primary Homeroom Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Education: Bachelor's degree or higher in education or related fields
- Certification: Teaching License from US/Canada
- Experience: 3 or more years of classroom teaching experience (experience with English Language Learners preferred)
- Salary: Monthly, competitive salary based on your credentials and experience
- Accommodation: Free housing
- Accommodation Details: Western-style apartment within walking-distance to your school
- Airfare Reimbursement: Airfare to China and return flight covered by School
- Airport Pickup: Yes
- Support Staff: Fully bilingual support staff available to help process your visa, settle you into your apartment, translate legal documents, and much more. We provide western comforts and support to make the transition easier for you.
- Health Insurance Provided: Yes
- Additional Benefits: Paid Vacation
- Professional Development: Ongoing professional development provided, including annual teacher in-service, and frequent professional development opportunities. Teachers enjoy career advancement opportunities.
- Bonus: Teacher referral bonus offered to all KLIS teachers.
- Holidays: We observe local national holidays and some US holidays.
- Prepares course objectives and outlines for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of the school.
- Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects and communicates those objectives to students. Also provides written evidence of preparation upon request of the principal or his/her designee.
- Instructs students individually and in groups during the instructional time, using various teaching methods such as but not limited to lectures, discussions, demonstrations, presentations, class projects, use of media, , technology, current research in instruction, tutorials and other tools that provides for student engagement in the learning process and enables students to achieve learning objectives.
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests, including students with disabilities and limited English proficiencies.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Meets with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress and to determine priorities for their child/ren and their resource needs.
- Prepares students for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Prepares materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Observes and assesses students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health on a regular basis.
- Reads books to entire classes or small groups.
- Provides a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Prepares and implements remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
- Prepares, administers, and grades tests and assignments to assess students’ progress.
- Enforces administration policies and rules governing students in the classroom and on the playground.
- Assigns and grades class work and homework.
- Confers with parents or guardians, teachers, and administrators to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems.
- Encourages parent involvement through school activities, connecting home and schools.
- Performs safety functions/drills to maintain a safe instructional environment. Takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Participates in school management and shares responsibility for the total school program. Attends staff meetings, planning meetings for instructional area, and professional development as offered.
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by the school.
- Participates in personal professional growth activities focused on the acquisition of new and improved skills and knowledge.
- Uses appropriate techniques and strategies which promote and enhance critical, creative and evaluative thinking capabilities of students.
- Assist and coordinate activities and events inside and outside of school
- May coordinate and lead class field trips.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KL International School is a private ,co-educational,not-for-profit international school whose mission is to prepare creative,collaborative,and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens,self-sustanining learners and ethical leaders.
The KL International School was founded in 2015 as the second licensed PreK – Year 13 international school for expatriates in Chongqing, China. KLIS is the only private, co-educational, not-for-profit international school in Chongqing and our mission is to prepare creative, collaborative and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens, self-sustaining learners and ethical leaders. KLIS believes in being a “Responsive School for a Changing World”.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.