Primary Homeroom Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
Must have a minimum of two years experience as a primary teacher.
- Paid annual leave
- Standard Health Insurance Coverage
- Fifty (50) percent tuition discount for two (2) children enrolled at Al Shomoukh International School
- Omani Visa fees coverage (employee only)
- Make every student feel safe and welcome in your classroom.
- Be a role model for students in terms of positive attitude, kindness, and respect towards others.
- Plan and deliver lessons that help each student achieve learning objectives and curriculum goals.
- Create a clean and inviting classroom environment which fosters imagination and self-esteem through the presentation of student work.
- Develop and implement a suitable classroom management system.
- Adapt standard teaching methods to meet different student needs and interests.
- Establish and affect rules for acceptable behaviour.
- Make referrals for assistance where necessary.
- Clearly communicate your needs and expectations to your teaching assistant.
- Contribute to exploring students’ educational needs and attainment potential.
- Plan daily and long-term lesson plans according to the prescribed curriculum.
- Assess, evaluate and assign appropriate work for students.
- Developing children’s interests, abilities and coordination using a variety of creative activities including art, sport and music.
- Maintain productive working habits and discipline in the classroom.
- Supervising students throughout the day, both in the classroom and outside during breaks.
- Maintain effective communication with all stakeholders including parents, students, colleagues and heads of the department.
- Discussing students’ progress with parents and guardians, administrators and other professionals as necessary.
- Participate in school assemblies, staff, group or other meetings.
- Organize, attend and supervise school activities; excursions, school concerts, camps and sporting events.
- Contribute to Individual Education Plan conferences and reviews of officially identified students.
- Ensure a Contact Book is daily updated in appropriate cases.
- Collaborate with parents, the Special Educational Needs Coordinator and others supporting the students.
- Contribute to developing and implementing the Individual Education Plan or Individual Behavioural Plan of identified students.
- Participate and present professional development seminars.
- Embrace high standards of professional practice through peer review and observation.
- Provide extra-curricular activity once per week after lesson dismissal time.
- Provide opportunities for Education Outside the Classroom.
- Maintain accurate records of class attendance and student progress.
- Apply and follow-up on approved disciplinary interventions.
- Organize the classroom displays and learning resources.
- Prepare lesson materials and resources in accordance with the school’s procedures.
- Ensure class equipment and facilities are clean and safe.
- Organize trips for your students and co-ordinate with your Head of Department and Head of Trips and Activities.
- Select and use instructional methods and materials appropriate to the students and learning activities.
- Ensure to upload students daily and weekly assessment results onto iCampus before the end of the week – this must be done regularly.
- Communicate with parents via the parent portal on a regular basis and you must respond back to parents’ messages within 24 hours or less.
- Ensure display boards are showcasing student's works and a new theme is implemented every 3-4 weeks.
- Assist in after-school late room duties.
- Required to attend duties assigned by the Head of Supervision.
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a KG to Grade 12 international school in Muscat, the capital city of the Sultanate of Oman, Established by Global Education Services (GES).
A relatively new school that has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with an education experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.
The school offers the National English Curriculum. At senior levels, i.e. Year 10 on, the school will offer and prepare students for UK and US examinations including IGCSE, A level, and SATs. The school will ensure that all local Omani curriculum requirements are met to obtain an Omani Graduation Certification. At our school all can achieve.
Find teaching jobs in Oman, ranging from private international schools to language schools throughout the country. There is a definitive focus on teaching in Oman because it is one of the fastest-growing countries in the Middle East. Explore an engaging culture while earning a competitive, tax-free salary and notable benefits.